Comments: Ex-Pat Cosmopolitan Bathroom

Sounds like a blast! We need a photo of the CRUEL SHOES.

So have you chatted with Dick Francis yet?

Posted by Edgy Mama at September 9, 2005 3:11 PM

Marmoset.
Maaaaarmoseeeet.
You know, it's even nice stone cold sober. Wait, lemme at some wine and I'll report back.

Posted by Kira at September 9, 2005 3:22 PM

Having been abused with sailing as a child, I can recommend a couple-three things if the queasiness comes back:

1. Get out into fresh air. If you're down below, it's a lot more tempting to hurl.

2. Eat something. Don't skip food if you can help it. Same as morning sickness.

3. Look at the horizon if it's the only thing around that's steady (i.e. you're mid-ocean and there's no little island with a palm tree on it. If there is a little island, look at the little island. This works better if you're outside, too).

Okay, and I have been arguing with Cunard on the phone daily since Sunday. They are very sweet but a little bit DENSE. Do you have email onboard? I have a question for you...

Posted by Cornelia Read at September 9, 2005 6:34 PM

Oh my. I'm glad the nausea abated in time for the cha-cha. Lurching, hurling cha-cha would be bad, indeed.

Posted by Mir at September 9, 2005 10:38 PM

Oh! Dick Francis!!! I am so jealous! You must go gush and swoon over him for me. I LOOOOOVVVEEEE Dick Francis. And what is it about his books that when you read one, suddenly nothing else will do until you've read (or re-read) every last one of them all over again? They're like dark chocolate M&Ms -- after you've had some, the old milk chocolate ones seem very dull and tasteless for a while.

Plus, his heroes are so yummy, I have to wonder if he's equally wonderful as a person.

Posted by Shanna Swendson at September 10, 2005 12:49 AM

This all sounds sooooowonderful! Ok, except for the praying for death. But everything else! When I go on a cruise all I do is sit by the pool and drink! Not very GO-ish, I know. But YOU! The cha-cha! The commodore! The planetarium! The artwork! The mingling with celebrated authors! The Cruel Shoes! Joshilyn GO Jackson, you are making me so proud. ;)

Posted by Amy-GO at September 10, 2005 10:15 AM

My sympathies on the waves--we just got home from a cruise. We had waves courtesy of Hurricane Ophelia and I'm still walking around looking drunk LOL. We also attended 2 art auctions ;)

Have a fabulous time! I'm missing the wonderful food already!

Posted by Angel at September 10, 2005 12:05 PM

We need to see a photo of you in the Cruel Shoes. And a photo of you and Mr. Husband doing the cha cha. Or the tango. And a photo of you with the Commodore. And with Dick Francis.

Please and thank you.

Hope the motion sickness is gone for good!

Posted by DebR at September 10, 2005 12:40 PM

Okay, don't take this wrong way... but your post made me OH-SO-HAPPY. Why? B/c I am so prone to motion sickness that sometimes while *I* am driving, I must pull over and make it stoooooppppp. Bleech.

But see, I live with four people--three of whom are LITTLE--who want to go on a cruise. With a mouse. And they'd like me to come along with them. Matter of fact... they won't go without me. And I have been right afraid to go b/c motion sickness is pretty bad on land. [Could you, would in a car? Yes, in a car and on a bus, and in a train, and in a taxi, and on the subway... all bad, bad, bad.] I imagine... it shall be at least equally bad on water.

But, hark? A shot? A fast-acting one? One that makes you dreamy???

Hmmmm... could a pair of mouse ears be in my future?

;-)

Hope you're having fun and hope D.F. is wonderful in person!

Alicia