Comments: Last Night in London

LOL! I am so glad you blogged today. Just what I needed before going to work.

Posted by Heather at September 8, 2005 3:35 PM

Joss Old Girl....I'm gratified to note that amidst all of the anglo-speak you were still able to throw in an "I swan..". Sigh, the south - we needs you, so y'all jess come on home.
Brilliant that you are getting such warm fuzzies over there across the pond. 20 points to Gryffindor!

Posted by Angela at September 8, 2005 3:38 PM

A long, long, long time ago, I lived in Scotland for a few years. Did "BRILLIANT" replace "SUPER"?

Posted by Allan Dix at September 8, 2005 3:58 PM

But... but... can you EMAIL the good news to ME?? I won't tell anyone. Probably.

Posted by Mir at September 8, 2005 4:02 PM

Och. I was married into a British family of the Scottish variety, so I understand every appropriated slang term you got.

Not only that but my favourite show is Coronation Street, which is on the telly every Sunday from 8-12:30. It's brilliant and och they speak a wee bit diff from the Londoners, mind you, in fact for the most part the Londoners are just mingin' but that's naught, now int it?

Posted by Heather McCutcheon at September 8, 2005 5:15 PM

Hmmn. Wouldna it be loverly?

?Jilly

Posted by Jilly at September 8, 2005 9:07 PM

I am so glad I came home and found you to read tonight, I needed a good laugh, which is what you always make me do....well unless that is make me think, but I've way too much bleach to accomplish both after a day like to day...well that is at the same time....BREATHE...I made a mistake (okay one of many) and had the Curry in Windemere, didn't like it. So now I have to go back and have it in LONDON like I should have done the first time, but ohhhh noooo I had to have Aberdeen beef instead. Ark!

I still like lovely, it's just lovely, isn't it lovely dear? Darn Andy always tells me I'm brilliant. Now I know it's just slang. Dashed!

Posted by Cele at September 8, 2005 10:48 PM

Why do they say "cockles of your heart", anyway? Do you know what cockles are? They're slimy, for one thing. Take a look: http://www.ministry-of-information.co.uk/blog1/images/cockles3.jpg
Blech.
Glad you're having a great time across the sea!

Posted by Laura at September 8, 2005 11:21 PM

Why, you, MEANIE YOU, how dare you brutally DROP suspense in the middle of a BLOG POST and TELL US something without really TELLING US so we have to come back tomorrow, and you know, read... YOU MUST BE AN AUTHOR PERSON OR SOMESUCH.

WATCH OUT! for bangers and mash. Two years ago, DD became BRUTALLY ILL on said items served at a pub and threw up !!!SEVEN TIMES!!! in one night in our little, sweet, rented, vomit-smelling flat in South Kensington.

You've been warned!

Now, there's no excuse not to blog tomorrow, you've got everyone chomping at the bit.

Posted by Martha O'Connor at September 9, 2005 1:38 AM

I'm a big fan of British slang. Have you adopted knickers yet? (Not, that is to say, have you brought a poor homeless pair of knickers home with you, but are you using the word?) I picked up 'dodgy' in London 3 years ago and have been using it ever since. Cheers!

Posted by Aimee at September 9, 2005 10:52 AM

Told you about the Indian cuisine, didn't I?

Hope you and Scott are getting lots of snogging in.

Posted by Edgy Mama at September 9, 2005 3:13 PM

My editor and agent are tiny elves, as well (and I'm a tall girl)...so I got a kick out of reading this!

Posted by crissa at September 14, 2005 10:30 AM