Comments: London Pictures

Does "dyspeptic" mean "thin and pretty"?

Lord Nipple is somehow both funny and scary.

Posted by DebR at September 7, 2005 6:03 AM

I just like saying "dyspeptic," personally.

Glad you guys are having fun. I'm off to shop for a Lord Nipple outfit this very minute.

Posted by Matt Elliott at September 7, 2005 8:42 AM

I think we could possibly reproduce Lord Nipple on your living room wall, if you wish. After the flower garden and all those smug bugs I feel there's nothing we can't do!
What shows have you seen? Have you eaten bubble and squeak yet? When is your audience with the queen? Details!

Posted by Amy-GO at September 7, 2005 9:31 AM

Second that on "dyspeptic" meaning "glowing gorgeous skinny chick"... DAYum, woman!

Whoops, butt-nekkid child just darted through kitchen, waving shredded calendar......

Posted by Cornelia Read at September 7, 2005 11:14 AM

Yay, you found yourself a power converter doohickey! And I am GREEN WITH ENVY over everything you're doing and seeing, except, perhaps, Lord Nipple, because he's just freaky.

Posted by Mir at September 7, 2005 11:38 AM

I'm not sure if I should live vicariously through your adventures, or envy the fact that Mr. Husband cheerfully wades through all those books stores insearch of gods of Alabama to watch you sign every copy in the greater London area.

That sounds like a documentary: In Search - gods of Alabama. Hey it could happen.

Now the upside to carpal tunnel, is that after four days of roving through the urban confines of greater London you will need at least two or three pairs of pretty - no VERY PRETTY SHOES - to replace the ones you wore out. But at least they are suppling you with the entire Atlantic to cool your tooties with afterwards.

Posted by Cele at September 7, 2005 11:41 AM

"dyspeptic"?

My lord no wonder you are a FANCY and FAMOUS PUBLISHED AUTHOR... the word is worth, like, $40 bucks or 80 pounds.. or, wait, 20 pounds... eek math... eeeeee

Posted by Heather McCutcheon at September 7, 2005 6:45 PM

Oh, I LOVE Foyles. It is one of my favorite bookstores in the world, right up there next to the Tattered Cover. Great photos, Joss.

Posted by Edgy Mama at September 7, 2005 7:20 PM

I posted a note about B4B. Perhaps some of my blogger buddies will be inspired to participate.

Posted by Edgy Mama at September 7, 2005 8:20 PM