Comments: The Snail of Good Omen

Congratulations on your surprise arrival!

This is definitely an omen of even more good things to come. Remember, if you pass a sack on the side of the street, turn around a get it because it could be stuffed full of drug money.

Posted by Chickie at September 1, 2005 1:07 PM

Congratulations on #3 and your new pet. What a great day for you.

Yes, the whole New Oleans thing is soooo sad. I've been obsessed with it since it happened but finally had to stop looking at anymore pictures because it was just too much. I'm sure I'll have to watch on TV a bit more tonight. I just love N.O. and the whole thing is so disheartening. I'm not sure which of the events is the most disturbing. Glad to hear you are safe and dry.

Posted by Peek at September 1, 2005 3:25 PM

I obsessively watch and check my homepage... I can't help it - I want to understand the whys and the hows so that I know what the solution will be for these poor people.

Blessings are all around today, I hardly had to look for them.

Posted by Heather McCutcheon at September 1, 2005 9:08 PM

Did you show Mycroft your new boots?

Posted by Mir at September 1, 2005 9:55 PM

The human condition saddens the heart, when desparation results in acts of hatred and inhumanity.

I thank God for nine years of Girl Scouts, a mother who taught me logic and compassion, and living in the wonderful Pacific Northwest. It maybe an old saying but it is sooooo true.

But for the grace of God go I.

May generosity be faster to arrive and accepted with grace.

(not wanting to step on toes but) You are a lovely tulip, thank you (and Mycroft) for making me smile and lifting my heart today.

hmmmm - first Great Britian and then the world - you go girl

Posted by Cele at September 2, 2005 12:27 AM

Congrats on the snail! It's a good thing you have one, or soon you'd have 20. I learned first-hand that snails are quick to get down and reproduce. Both of my aquarium snails died recently but they laid eggs first, and now I have a good sized population of 20 baby snails. They're not as cute in bulk.

Posted by Andi at September 2, 2005 10:05 AM

Mycroft? You named a snail after Sherlock Holmes' smarter brother? Obviously, this snail has alot going for it - maybe its antennae are sporting monacles, or it has that look on its face that screams intense thought.

Posted by bob at September 2, 2005 2:49 PM