Comments: Yes, Virginia, it IS a contest!

No linky love for me? Alas. You must've been blinking. ;)

Posted by Mir at August 31, 2005 7:42 AM

I will try to stop commenting before you're done tweaking your entry.

P.S. Is the elephant wearing boots??

Posted by Mir at August 31, 2005 8:43 AM

WHAAAAAT??????

Posted by Jilly at August 31, 2005 9:46 AM

Elephant - Boots - Mir - hmmmmmm

Remember fish n' chips - steak and ale pie - and crunchy Cadbury. Oh and stop in at Past Times and get yourself something purty.

Now B4B could create some interesting blogging, thanks - I hope they are up to your quality

Posted by Cele at August 31, 2005 11:12 AM

Yea! I'm so glad B4B is back! I've only entered once, and only received what amounted to an honorable mention, but I LOVE the contest. I can host entries, but only if they are well-written (reputation to uphold and all). Bring it on!

Posted by Edgy Mama at August 31, 2005 12:02 PM

Well, hell and damnation. I can't get that elephant outta my mind now.

He keeps walking up to me and saying, "Are YOU my mother?"

Oh, wait... that's a whole 'nother story.

My guess is: The topic has something to do with either Confessions (of which I have plenty!), Super moms, or Elephants Who Use Charmin And Make Out With Dirty Girls On Airplanes.

How close did I get?

Posted by melodyann at August 31, 2005 2:15 PM

I would be happy to post any non-blog-having entries on my blog. I suspect it will make me slightly prettier, and I could use the help. Plus I took second place in B4B last September so it's probably about time to return some love to the B4B effort...

Posted by Georgia Jones at August 31, 2005 4:14 PM

Oh, but you don't want to read my essay on blinking whilst peeing, TRUST ME.
What?
What?

Posted by Kira at August 31, 2005 5:08 PM

Is it about elephants parading around England in boots?

Looking forward to it!

Posted by Mary at August 31, 2005 5:52 PM

Blinking whilst peeing in my testosterone-laden household results in, umm, AIMING issues. Which leads to the only female in the house (yes, me) scrubbing urine off the bathroom floor. The unfairness of this is a subject on which I have PLENTY to say. So if this is the topic, consider me a contestant! :)

Posted by Amy at August 31, 2005 5:55 PM

Tells you what I know. I've been so out of the loop I didn't even know . . *sniffle* *sniffle* . . wait! I don't even get a chance to mourn the loss . . . nevermind.

Oh. I'd be willing to host as well.

Can't wait to see what the next topic is!

Posted by Fate at August 31, 2005 6:44 PM

I am so very excited that B4B lives on :)

Posted by Angel at August 31, 2005 7:47 PM

THANK YOU! I have been so SAD about B4B going away and checking his blog obsessively hoping he would tell us it was all just a bad dream. I love reading all the entries.

I can't wait!

Posted by Jensgalore at September 1, 2005 10:44 PM

i would be happy to host some entries, you know, want to be involved but too lazy, er, i mean, not enough time, to write something myself...

(and not savvy enough to know how to do that fancy strikethrough thing either obviously)

Posted by mainja at September 4, 2005 12:50 PM