Comments: Holy Crows...

Well, with that new first sentence, they'd be able to enter the Bulwer-Lytton contest! (http://www.bulwer-lytton.com/) Maybe even win ;-)

Posted by Kestralyn at August 18, 2005 4:24 PM

Oh, Damn, Joss... I wish I were still teaching grammar in night school!! I would SO copy this blog and have them analyzing it... and your comments...

Fabulous.

Posted by Debra at August 18, 2005 4:35 PM

Yeah, I allowed someone to outbid me in the critique when my fiance raised his eyebrows to ask if I would be sending you the NONEXISTANT fiction manuscript. But I did bid it up to over $100, LOL.

Posted by Heather McCutcheon at August 18, 2005 5:43 PM

That is one of the funniest things I've ever read. I'm sitting in my office dabbing my tears. I hurt myself trying not to laugh out loud! Seriously - I pulled a stomach muscle or something. Hilarious.

Posted by Jessica at August 18, 2005 6:16 PM

DAMN IT now I wish it hadn't gone too high for me to bid. This is the sort of hard-hitting advice that my writing NEEDS.

Posted by Mir at August 18, 2005 7:45 PM

That was hilarious. I'm sure your critique will be more than worth however much it goes for. It's such an awesome thing you guys are doing. Chapeau!

Posted by Michele at August 18, 2005 11:19 PM

I see with the bidding that you are right under the people who are editors and whatnot with publishing places. Cool beans.

After reading your critique sample, I may have to go crank out a chapter really quick and make a bid. You really have a way with words!

Posted by Chickie at August 19, 2005 7:08 AM

Okay, now? I might have to go bid. I wasn't going to because I've been focusing on screenplays and the like, and although I have a novel in my head and even sixty pages written, I had put it aside in favor of other pursuits. BUT perhaps it could be rescued with a freakishily prehensile something-or-other.
WHEW!

Posted by Aimee at August 19, 2005 10:39 AM

Somehow you will find a way to turn that first sentence in to a pointy - but funny, ohhhh very funny book about Randy Finkelbier and his toy poodle - Fe Fe.

Posted by Cele at August 19, 2005 11:02 AM

Joshilyn, you are hilarious. And I do the same thing. "Uh, let me tell why that comma is in the wrong place. If you go to Strunk & White, it says blah, blah, blah. But St. Martin's Handbook says blah, blah, blah. And have you read Eats, Shoots, and Leaves? So let's rearrange the sentence and see if we can get rid of the comma. Or we could just move it here. Oh, that doesn't make sense? You're confused? Wait, what are you writing about anyway?"

Posted by Edgy Mama at August 19, 2005 1:31 PM

THIS is exactly the kind of pointed (prehensile) critique my manuscript needs. If only I had money, I would have to bid on this.

Posted by Trudy at August 19, 2005 3:18 PM

I can't afford $100. Sorry! But I DID get Kira's joke and laughed my butt off. Don't tell my church members. *snicker*

Posted by Heather at August 20, 2005 8:37 PM

You are up to $305.00 now! It is well worth it though, so don't fret. Now, I must go find the risque entry, don't want to miss that!

Posted by Rbelle at August 22, 2005 1:04 AM