Comments: Three Random Neurons Firing

I? Will save you a SEAT. For surely I will be the first to... PERISH! (HOW could you leave out the part about all the people who PERISHED? I'm certain it was a result of all the GOING DOWN... but they died happy, I'll wager.)

Posted by Mir at August 16, 2005 10:10 AM

And you're going to have such a fun, red-wine fueled time down there! Please save space:) (Because I'm sure it's really just a lovely corner of heaven reserved for us deserving few ... who can laugh with and at God ... just as he laughs at and with us!)

Posted by Leslie at August 16, 2005 10:30 AM

Well, as Mark Twain said, "Heaven for climate, hell for society."

Posted by rams at August 16, 2005 11:50 AM

The narrator obviously went to the William Shatner school of elocution.

Posted by Bob at August 16, 2005 3:08 PM

Flavanoids, I think? They're in red wine? Yea!

I feel for you, Joshilyn. I have the same organic grocery addiction. I spent $200 this morning on school lunchbox fixings--tiny boxes of organic raisins, Happy Cox milk cartons, individual packages of organic peanut butter crackers, bags of bulk items like yoghurt pretzels, rice crackers, and carob-coated peanuts. I then read the riot act to my first grader. "You will eat everything in your lunchbox or bring the leftovers home. You will not throw a single 5 cent raisin nor half of a $1 Happy Cow milk box away. You will be healthy, even if we do have to live in a box."

Posted by Edgy Mama at August 16, 2005 3:09 PM

Happy Cox? I need me some of that. (Talk about perishing).

~K!

Posted by Kismet at August 16, 2005 3:33 PM

I wonder if the Patriarch guy is related to Barbara Cartland? That's exactly how I remember the love scenes from her books back when I read a few in my early teens --- "Oh, my....lord...you are....like...a god! I...never knew...it...could be....like this!" Maybe BC was really the Patriarch guy in drag!

Posted by DebR at August 16, 2005 3:58 PM

Meeee TOOOOOO!

(oh, but not the patriarchs. they just made me mad mad mad)

Posted by dynagirl at August 16, 2005 5:53 PM

Oh. My. Goodness. Someone come pick my crumpled body off the floor. Can Kira come to my house next?

Posted by Heather at August 16, 2005 6:17 PM

Oh, the PATRIARCH GUYS!! They are here in Idaho too!! When I see them I always say there's no way I could be their woman because they don't BATHE ENOUGH nor do they have acceptable teeth for KISSING and then I start talking about about more kissing and what THAT leads to and then they call me a whore and then I laugh and leave.

Posted by Jilly at August 16, 2005 6:22 PM

You know, I actually kept it together until I read the last line of this post, and then I laughed so hard, I snorted flavonoid-ladened red wine up my nose!

Posted by Miz Rufel at August 16, 2005 9:33 PM

Peeing...myself...laughing...cannot...breathe...suffocating...not fair...will miss...reading FTK...in hell...*grin*

Posted by Amy at August 16, 2005 9:52 PM

It was the WALKING. The pound lost? It was from the way we ATTACKED those trails, it was.
When I got home, Clay asked me what you guys were like in person, and I burbled enthusiastically about you both for a while, then added, "And Joss - I LIKE the way that girl walks."
This earned me a LOOK, and then I had to explain myself for a while.
But I DO.

Posted by Kira at August 17, 2005 12:25 AM

Where is Whole Foods? 12 or 14 babies!!! I will now notice how you walk...? I am also very curious about Mir and Kira.

Posted by Jane F. at August 17, 2005 2:32 PM

ROFLMAO..."But it broked-ded by itself!"...I would have cracked up before I even turned around!

Posted by Dorothy at August 18, 2005 2:11 PM

Joss, I'm so sorry that I used the phrase "Happy Cox" in your comment section. It was a typo, I swear. Although it does seem that we need to find Kismet a boyfriend.

Posted by Edgy Mama at August 18, 2005 3:26 PM

Here I was innocently reading CCN and look what I found:
It's not exactly a guilt-free pleasure, but food researchers say cocoa beans could be good for you. The health potential is real. Cocoa beans have natural compounds called flavanols, and a growing pile of scientific research suggests they do good things to blood vessels

SSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOO- Red Wine & Chocolate are good for us!!!!! I love it!!!!!

Posted by Chris at August 19, 2005 2:43 PM

I...will be...right next...to you.

Posted by Dawn at August 20, 2005 11:02 AM