Comments: Bloggus Interruptus

Can't wait to see all the overseas covers!

Do you get a lot of requests from people to help them produce films and autobiographies? I've met quite a few people who have yet to write a single word of the book of their heart but are scared to send the proposal to an editor because the editor will steal it....

Posted by Elizabeth at August 8, 2005 1:14 PM

Swirled peas? Now, I know purple hull peas. I know english peas. I know chickpeas. I know black eye peas. I know field peas. I dunno 'bout the swirled peas. By the way, what distinguishes a pea from a bean? Both come in pods. And it can not be appearance, because the lowly pinto bean looks much like a pea on steroids. Hmmm.....

Posted by Angela at August 8, 2005 1:19 PM

Is that anything like the bumper stickers that say "Visualize Whirled Peas" insted of world peace? Perhaps I am being too literal here, though. Take heart Colorado- as anyone who has ever had my uncle's ambrosia will tell you, we Southerner's tend to push the envelope when it comes to doing stuff with our produce too:)
Giant piles of the stuff every holiday that NOBODY touches, yet it comes back every year. Maybe it's the same one?!?

Posted by Chris at August 8, 2005 2:44 PM

Hey, whaddaya mean doing weird stuff to produce? What's wrong with a little zucchini decorating contest? Particularly when I'm getting my kids to drop them through my neighbors' open windows to get rid of them (I tell them we're playing Robin Hood).

I'm going with the whirled peas theory. Oh, and Joshilyn, I have this idea for a screenplay, but I can't tell you about it, because it's such a great idea, but you'd love it, and so would the loo attendant at the 4 Seasons. E-mail me?

Posted by Edgy Mama at August 8, 2005 2:58 PM

Naked Taye Diggs? Yes, please.

Posted by Angel at August 8, 2005 4:57 PM

Allow me to tell you again all about the ballet class I took with Taye Diggs...he was not naked, but in TIGHTS. *fanning self*

Oh, my wasted youth.

Anyway, yes, of course we'd watch that show. I'd even tape it. And possibly do unspeakable things during it.

Posted by Mir at August 8, 2005 5:06 PM

What exactly *is* gulch party? I have no idea. Although I am from Colorado, and was talking to another Coloradan this morning about splicing sedatives into corn in order to prevent Chinese physics students in Iowa from going on murderous rampages with shotguns. Really.

Posted by Laura at August 8, 2005 5:51 PM

I have to tell you....I absolutely adore you and your posts always put a smile on my face. :-) Thanks for the perked up Monday!!

Posted by carrster at August 8, 2005 5:55 PM

'Whirled Peas"???? ARE YOU KIDDING???

D'OH! That makes sense. DAMN!

joss, next time i'll get it right. maybe. then, too, maybe I'll just come up w/ a better glass of sangria that includes a secret ingredient. heh.

Posted by Jill at August 8, 2005 6:03 PM

I can't wait to see how the Swedes translate "gulch party." ;) And I tend to avoid books translated into Swedish because they usually translate badly -they totally screwed Anne of Green Gables...well not literally cause that would just be wrong - but I will definitely have to get my hands on "gudar i Alabama" just to see how it goes. I bet it will start out something like, "Det finns gudar i Alabama: Jack Daniels, (hmm..wonder how they will translate high school quarterbacks) lästbilar, stora tuttar och Jesus. Jag lamnade en kvar själv, i Posett. Jag sparkade den under kudzuan och lämnade den til kackalackorna."

LOL! Well close enough.

Posted by FoFuSa at August 8, 2005 7:09 PM

Swirled Peas are better that World Peace. I am sure.

Come on with the contest already! Can it involve cursing in British? Cause, I am rather good at it, but (being a minister's wife) have no use for my talent.

Posted by Heather at August 8, 2005 7:50 PM

ummmmmmm. swirled peas. whirled peas. *world peace.*

but anyway, i had to laugh out loud at the idea of a show involving naked Taye Diggs in every part. I would so watch that. I would even read teh manual to my VCR to figure out how to tape it so i could watch it again. alone. with some swirled peas.

Posted by Erica at August 8, 2005 10:11 PM

I can cuss in Spanish, German, Italian, pig latin, and Chinese (why that is cussing is beyond me, but okay - of course I could just be a sucker too.) But what is cussing in British? And where is the course where I can sign up?

Of course I'm Quaker I shouldn't be able to do any of those things.

Swirled Peas come on guys? Haven't you been to the 2005 Swirled Peas Expo, yet? I heard it was the hottest ticket on Hotorbwireitz. I bought my husband's anniversary present at the 2005 Swirled Peas Expo. It would have been nice if he'd told me in advance that he abhors any form of peas. Pass the Xanax please.

Posted by Cele at August 9, 2005 11:30 AM

I've just finished 'gods in Alabhama', and loved it!
Well done!
Best.
M

Posted by Michael Place at August 9, 2005 12:04 PM

I know this writer via email only--she contacted me to see about working as crit partners--who truly and sincerely believes that BOTH the movies I, Robot AND the movie Robots were stolen from a script she shopped around.

No, seriously. I mean, I'm aware that neither I, Robot nor Robots bear much resemblence to one another--other than the fact they have robots in them and robots themselves are not exactly, um, new or anything--but this doesn't seem to phase her little conspiracy theory.

[It goes without saying, of course, that her writing in general communication is such that I don't find it that difficult to believe that she's yet to be discovered.]

Anyhow... Yes, these crazies are BIG TIME out there and they will NOT be deterred.

Posted by Alicia at August 9, 2005 5:15 PM

Swearing in British...

Bloody
Feck

Umm... Maybe my talent has died from lack of use.

any word found in Marian Keyes novels. Bwahahaha!

Posted by Heather at August 9, 2005 6:37 PM

When I first read "swirled peas" I thought of peas that looked like those LifeSavers Creme Savers candy with the pastel swirls. I was bummed I had never been offered swirled peas.

Whirled Peas? Not nearly as ground-breaking!

Posted by Jenn at August 9, 2005 8:31 PM

How about naked Taye Diggs covered in swirled peas?
Oh, thank you Lord for computer access! I needed a good laugh today!

Posted by Amy at August 9, 2005 10:57 PM