Comments: A Demise Postponed

re: the drawing --- I think it's purty durn good for something done with a stylus in the dark.

re: The Dixie Stampede --- Hahahahahahaaaaa!!! I've always wanted to see this show and have never been able to talk anyone into going with me. I may have to go alone someday because I NEED to see it. (Did I mention that my family nickname is "The Heckler"?)

re: Maisy --- I don't think you can fix what ain't broke. You said a while back you thought you had birthed a belle. If you look up "belle" in the dictionary, I'm pretty sure it says "see also: fluffy despot". I'm just saying.

Posted by DebR at July 29, 2005 11:51 AM

I was certain her rewording was going to be "I NEED that pink stick pony!" so really, you're ahead of the game with her.

But still, I may need to spend some time with her. Perhaps she can teach me her ways....

Posted by Mir at July 29, 2005 1:34 PM

ROFL!!! I am with the non-tan skinny woman. I CANNOT TAN TO SAVE MY LIFE. Love the art. Can I purchase it in a frame for my den?? *snicker*

Posted by Heather at July 29, 2005 1:51 PM

Dear Maisy: You have been a very good girl. In fact, you have been great. I am going to give you the white pony. Don't worry, I'll handle Mommy and Daddy. Your friend, God

Posted by God at July 29, 2005 2:28 PM

In fact, Maisy, if you continue to be good the rest of the day, the Pink Stick Pony could be yours as well. Your friend, God

Posted by God at July 29, 2005 2:31 PM

I'm with Maisy. Need a pink stick pony after trying to picture my family at the Dixie Stampede. We would have been asked to leave because of excessive snorting, hooting, sarcasm, and repetition of the phrase, "OH, PUHLEEZE!"

I do love those buffalo, though. May have to go for the buffalo. Oh wait - I forgot - I can see some out my window here in the Wild West...

Jill in Idaho, who has deer, elk, blue heron, river otter, beavers, squirrels, racooons, porcupine, canada geese, ducks, eagles, hawks, and owls in the backyard all of whom are most welcome

Posted by Jilly at July 29, 2005 2:58 PM

Your daughter cracks me up. As do you.

Posted by lizardek at July 29, 2005 4:24 PM

I KNEW the kids would like Dixie Stampede! I mean I was with hubby at age 48 at the time, was enthralled by it....lol. I just pictured you having a better time there than at Mungo Bubba's or whatever....I know that one day I will have to go back to the Stampede, since kids have been added to the family since the last go around. But at least the thought doesn't make me picture myself slain by "bowl weevils" and thrown into the Lil' Pigeon River. As for Maisy, I'm sorry, but you know she is pretty, beautiful, smart, talented, she can't help it.....she's a Belle from the South.

Posted by Robbie at July 29, 2005 6:04 PM

Maisy's a clever girl ;) My daughter has wised up, and now says (to my chagrin) "I wish I could have....". Usually within earshot of someone (ie My Mom the Spoiler) who is more than happy to get it for her :P

Buffalo are cute. And tasty.

Posted by Angel at July 29, 2005 7:16 PM

So I am totally assuming (because you won't catch me dead at the Dixie Stampeed)that it was a totally delusional reaccounting of White American history? poor buffalo, and I'm with the heckler - Bobby - and you - but I'm sure I would be escorted out if I were to sit through the first 10 minutes.

I find Bobby's rendering of the white water rafting adventure of 2005 perfect. His artful eye captured the moment in detail with the lovely neon white tinged ice blue skin perfectly of set perfectly with the neon yellow life vest. When does the sculpted miniture come out? Psst! it would make great Christmas presents for those who survived. I am glad you were all properly attired, we wanted you back. And so did Sam and Maisy and the white pony.

Thank you for including us in your vacation

Posted by Cele at July 30, 2005 10:55 AM

'Scuse me...must wipe coffee off my monitor and write a screenplay called "The Fluffy Despot" for possible sale to Pixar.

Posted by Aimee at August 1, 2005 11:13 AM