Comments: Heads Up

Okay, this may be a little late since you have probably already hit the rapids, but as an AVID white water chaser the best piece of advice I ever got was this: if you fall out the boat and pop up *under* something, it is probably the boat; use your hands and feel your way to the edge. The day I got that advice was the day I popped up under the boat and thus was able to not panic:) I have since been in much worse holes, and have gotten out unscathed, so I have complete confidence in you. You wouldn't want to disappoint a nation of fans by dying on some whimpy river, right?

Posted by Chris at July 28, 2005 10:27 AM

Joshilyn,

I have notified the Raleigh contingent about your upcoming GPB debute. "Break a leg, kid!"

Posted by Leslie at July 28, 2005 12:01 PM

What Chris said, except I add, have lots of fun, white water rafting is a great high.

I hope to be listening Sunday

Posted by Cele at July 28, 2005 12:07 PM

Sheesh, you neglected to mention that it airs at 8:00 a.m. on Sunday. I'll try to drag myself out of bed and down to the computer.

Posted by Edgy Mama at July 28, 2005 1:43 PM

I'm so glad I came to see you at the Alabama Booksmith; I saw the big writeup about your appearance at Bombay Cafe for the Literacy Council AND got a nice invitation but I will be out of town and will miss you once again. Have a ball in Birmingham, though.

(You were the headline in the "Scribblers" column; that's some kind of big publicity!)

Anne www.tinykingdom.typepad.com

Posted by "Anne" at July 28, 2005 2:09 PM

As a female who finds being farther than 25 feet from a shower and blow-dryer unnerving, I can relate to your fear of whitewater this morning. But I'll bet two cats you love it more than you ever thought possible. I went down the Middle Fork of the Salmon River here in Idaho some years ago, on a 5-day trip with DH and friends, and was determined not to be a party pooper, and it was THE best vacation I've ever had. Except for the photos, which are unspeakable since there WAS NO BLOW DRYER. Please update us ASAP!

Posted by Jilly at July 28, 2005 2:52 PM

I'm about to search for this info, but just in case someone already knows, is this 8AM CENTRAL TIME or EASTERN TIME? Thanks!

Posted by Diana at July 28, 2005 3:49 PM

St.John is HOT! I did Georgia Gazette with him

Posted by Karin Gillespie at July 28, 2005 4:26 PM

Folks, it's 8:00 PM Georgia (EST)

Cover to Cover: Gods in Alabama
Powder Springs author Joshilyn Jackson is St.John Flynn's guest this month talking and taking your calls about her debut novel gods in Alabama (Warner Books, 2005).
Sunday, July 31, 8PM
repeats Sunday, August 7, 10AM

The toll-free number to call during the program is 1.866 RADIO GA (866.723.4642).

Just look on either the GPR site or Joshilyn's Tour Info page.

On second though, don't look on the tour info page. I haven't deleted the past few weeks of tour stops and it might make me look like I'm a slacker.

Posted by Mr. Husband at July 28, 2005 4:40 PM

Will definitely listen in!

Posted by katie at July 28, 2005 10:14 PM