Comments: ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Sounds like a FABULOUS way to spend a vacation! Wish I was there with you, but I'm at a conference having the mother of all allergy attacks. Sigh.

Soak in the hot tub for me!

Posted by Beth at July 25, 2005 1:01 PM

Ohh! If they have a Rotato, buy one - best thing for peeling apples for pies and potatos for potato...things.

Enjoy your relaxing. I hope you don't die in the lovely white water.

Posted by Em at July 25, 2005 1:32 PM

I am also dead inside. I was once alive inside but then at the age of 13 my father force marched me around a mountain for SEVEN DAYS without a shower or make-up and whatever was alive inside was killed dead.

Posted by Heather McCutcheon at July 25, 2005 1:40 PM

What Heather said.

Posted by Jilly at July 25, 2005 1:54 PM

Smart of you to stay away from Pigeon Forge, otherwise known as the Neon capital of the Smokies.

Have fun rafting. At least it will be cool in the water.

Posted by Edgy Mama at July 25, 2005 1:59 PM

But... have you seen my three-handled, family pudenda? I believe it was wrapped up in the cover of your book. *ducking*

Posted by Mir at July 25, 2005 3:08 PM

Believe or not, I have seen the FLOWBEE in action! Someone in my office actually owns one, so they brought it in and we did a demo as a fundraiser. We got two brave volunteers, and charged a dollar admission. I swear a good 2 dozen folks showed up. It was a hoot.

Posted by Bonnie at July 25, 2005 5:27 PM

*sputter* But...but....isn't Pigeon Forge the location of DOLLYWOOD?!?!? Closest I got was Gatlinburg TN where they sold Dollypops - bust and head of Dolly Parton on a stick, I kid you not.

Posted by Dara at July 25, 2005 6:21 PM

Vacations are all about relaxation. Sometimes it is most especially NOT about the scenery, but what you can choose to do or not do while you're there. Enjoy your Calgon-like pleasures, writer-ess, with or without the pine trees!

Posted by David at July 25, 2005 6:51 PM

I almost went to Pigeon Forge once. Notice the key word: almost. Enjoy your rafting and your soaking and your drinking. That part sounds like heaven!

If I was in the As-Seen-on-TV store, I would spring for the set of tupperware that's not actually tupperware that fits neatly on its own lazy susan. *sigh*

Posted by Andi at July 25, 2005 7:20 PM

A word of advice: Beware the Bailing Bucket when rafting! It may look innocent and potentially helpful, BUT DON'T BE FOOLED! One broken shin and everlasting big wave phobia later, I can say that bailing buckets are pernicious in every way. I recommend you slip it quietly overboard while everyone else is admiring the scenery and rescue yourself and your loved ones from its terrible wrath!

Posted by Yvonne at July 25, 2005 8:17 PM

Ooohhhh....I love hot tubs, and books, and Pinot Grigio, and rafting, and even pine trees.

Pigeon Forge? Not so much. But that Rotato thing sounds interesting....

Posted by DebR at July 25, 2005 11:24 PM

Okay, what am I missing (not Pigeon Forge - or Dollywood, obviously, though my husband wants a dozen of those Dollypops please) you said Tennessee? Land lock. SHARK MUSEUM?

I live smack dab in the middle of the Oregon Coast, we don't even have a SHARK MUSEUM! Pass the Pinot please, I need to get over this.

Oh, enjoy the rafting, ah I loved rafting in my unplumper days. I also loved bicycle riding, exercise, and parasailing....ah the umplumper days, when I still smoked.

Posted by Cele at July 26, 2005 12:31 PM

OOOOH, I LOVE the "As Seen On TV" Store! And Andi, I GOT the tupperware-that's-not-tupperware-on-a-lazy-susan thing and it's GREAT!

Jos, I'm on vacation, too - so I've got computer access! Yippee! Hope you are having a great time. Enjoy the hot tub and wine for me. But rafting? Um, yeah. I think you're on your own, there. Can't wait to hear about it, though!

Posted by Amy at July 27, 2005 9:53 PM