Comments: A True Story About my UN-PC Brother

That's so cool to see some of your brother's work! Last time you mentioned him, I'd meant to ask if he had a website or anything and then I got distracted and forgot.

I tend to be easily distra...hey!...something shiny!

Posted by DebR at July 18, 2005 11:19 AM

Talented indeed! I loved detailed work like that and have huge respect for people with the skill and patience to pull it off.

Posted by katie at July 18, 2005 11:19 AM

Oh, and I LOVED the Ramona books too. A while back I was in Portland and found myself on Klickitat Street. It was real! Whoah, was I ever excited.

Posted by katie at July 18, 2005 11:25 AM

Hilarious story about Johnson Twine. Not only is your brother talented, he's funny too!

Your blog always makes me smile and laugh.

Posted by Tiff at July 18, 2005 11:55 AM

Unbelievable talent, way kewl.

hmmm, but I am worried, did he notice the twine because he was wearing the visor? hmmmm.

Posted by Cele at July 18, 2005 12:18 PM

Interesting family you have. The pseudonym word choice is intriguing, as your brother could have come up a variety of combinations: Dick Vine, Johnson Rope, Willie String, etc.

Posted by Edgy Mama at July 18, 2005 12:39 PM

Oh, Beverly Cleary is da bomb! I loved Ramona, too - I got to revisit all of the books when I taught school a while back, and was still enchanted and entertained. Wasn't there one about a turnip or a rutabaga being dragged to school for show and tell on a rainy day while wearing a new dress?

Posted by Dara at July 18, 2005 3:33 PM

I've seen that very show with the twine! lol Marvelous work he does! Thanks for sharing!

Posted by Andi at July 18, 2005 6:22 PM

Joshilyn, I've had the pleasure of knowing your brother for about 15 years now and he is indeed a very talented person. Back when he had a "real" job and his sculpting was just a hobby he did some work for a local hobby shop. The manager there told me that "somewhere on this planet are a lot of people with no talent because Bobby got all of their's."

I enjoy his work as much as I enjoy your's. Keep up the good job.

Posted by Scott at July 18, 2005 7:38 PM

As always, you made me laugh so loud my cat even thinks I'm bonkers. Perhaps she's on to something....

Posted by shawna at July 18, 2005 8:06 PM

Bwahahaha "Johnson Twine" :::snicker::::

Thanks for the heads-up on the quilt raffle, must save up my pennies for some entries.....

Posted by Angel at July 18, 2005 8:11 PM

I love it! Johnson Twine!!!!!! HA!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Robbie at July 18, 2005 9:01 PM

Aaaaahhhhh, computer access. How delightful.

I have heard this story before and it STILL made me laugh in that I-can't-help-snorting way that's soooo attractive!

I'm so glad Maisy is OK. Stay ok, Maisy, you hear me? Good puppy.

I MISS YOU!!!

Posted by Amy at July 18, 2005 9:38 PM

Way cool figurine. Artistic talent like that is amazing to me. I wonder if the folks he works for knew the real story about his pseudonym. *laughing* Great (twisted) sense of humor.

Posted by David at July 19, 2005 10:11 AM

Alright ... my warhammer crazy boyfriend wants to know if your brother has a web site or something... or if there is somewhere to go SEE more of his work.... please do tell!

Posted by Heather McCutcheon at July 19, 2005 4:16 PM