Comments: The True and Unholy Story of the Black M&M

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA....Death by M & M!!!!!! I think I just busted a gut!!

Posted by Angela at July 6, 2005 9:01 AM

Ditto.

Posted by David at July 6, 2005 10:38 AM

Ohmigosh too much, you're ruining my eyeliner.

Hey *IT'S ONLY EIGHT SECONDS? I THOUGHT IT WAS TEN!* now I have to take restock of my morals, what if they are all wrong and it really is okay to do all those things my mom said I CAN'T DO

Posted by Cele at July 6, 2005 11:19 AM

Joshilyn....you're starting to twitch...right there, on the left side of your mouth...

Posted by Jilly at July 6, 2005 11:27 AM

Did you get to try the Dark Chocolate Kit Kats for the short time they were on drugstore shelves? I bought a case (don't tell my husband, okay--he doesn't understand how I'm able to spend half of our monthly paycheck at Eckerd's).

Posted by Edgy Mama at July 6, 2005 11:35 AM

Hilarious!

Posted by katie at July 6, 2005 12:24 PM

I'm going broke clicking to Amazon when I read your site! However, I am thankful for your introductions to so many great writers - many of which I would have missed while staring in a glazed fashion at the miles of book spines at Barnes and Noble. Oh, have you ever found an fuzzy M&M in the bottom of your purse and popped it right in your mouth, knowing you would have snatched it right out of your child's hand and lectured her mercilessly had SHE produced it with the intent of consumption?

Posted by Rebekah at July 6, 2005 1:10 PM

I was assured by a Target checker that the M&M rep told him that if the Darth M&Ms sold well, they were considering making a dark chocolate version part of the regular M&M lineup. Considering that they had to put the Jedi milk chocolate version on clearance, while the Darth M&Ms were snatched up in a heartbeat, I think the chances are pretty good.

I still have one bag that I'm hoarding. I also find the regular M&Ms unsatisfying now. I need my dark chocolate fix!!!!

Posted by Shanna Swendson at July 6, 2005 3:46 PM

HILARIOUS! Gotta love Scott for questioning why he had to have THAT M&M.

Oh, and thanks for the *8* second rule. We always had a *5* second rule here. I just gained 3 whole seconds to snarf food off of the floor! Oh yeah!

Posted by Jenn at July 6, 2005 5:46 PM

oh man... that is so disgusting! HAHA Poor Scott!

Posted by Mary Jo at July 6, 2005 7:20 PM

Oh, would that Miss Maisy could have walked in while you were force-feeding Scott that half an M&M. It could've been classic.
"What are you eating, Mommy?"
"Muffing, fweetie." *chokes trying to swallow quickly, hiccups to ensue*

Posted by David at July 6, 2005 9:39 PM

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA OMG as a fan of the Darkside M&M's this is so freakin' hysterical! (Doesn't hurt that I'm on vicodin right now either ::wink::)

And I can only hope they do add these to the regular M&M lineup--I have one lonely little package left.....

Posted by Angel at July 6, 2005 10:03 PM

Ack! I am half way through 'Enchanted, Inc.' and here's another book recommendation... and it looks goooood!

My bookshelf shelves are buckling... I shall not give in.

Yes, I shall, actually and my boyfriend will think I'm a nutter again.

Posted by Heather McCutcheon at July 7, 2005 8:35 AM

Ahahahahahaha... can't... breathe....

Posted by Mir at July 7, 2005 11:25 AM

Bwahahahahahahahahaha!!! You are too much. I am choking over here.

Speaking of perfectly crafted sentences... Have you read My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult?

Posted by Heather at July 7, 2005 12:44 PM

What I would've given for one dark M&M. (*sigh*) My husband and I have been on a mission to find a pack for me and we haven't seen 'em yet. (And we live in a so-called major metro. area. WHATever.)

Posted by Darcie at July 7, 2005 9:17 PM

Never fear: Dark Chocolate M&M's are for sale on EBay.
Like here:

eew. i hope that link works better than it looks.

Posted by Tyreese at July 8, 2005 7:20 PM

Steve Almond (teaches writing at Boston College) wrote a book called Candy Freak. He buys limited edition candy (by the case)and I think I remember on-line. EBay?

Posted by Nancy at July 8, 2005 8:20 PM