Comments: What Comes Before "Boom, Bang?"

Oh sweetie, it's just a THING, and THINGS can be fixed. I'm sorry you had the worry and the hassle, but I'm glad everyone is okay.

I once did a very similar thing (was at a stoplight, somehow just spaced and rammed the guy ahead of me) in my ex's car, and he (ex) threw a MAJOR HISSY when I returned, and then a few months later he totalled the car entirely. Happy ending!

Um, yeah, I dunno what relevance that had. I have to go take some more drugs now.

Posted by Mir at June 18, 2005 10:47 AM

Argh....

I would tell you "I feel your pain" about right now (because people always seem annoyed when I say, "I'm sorry that happened to you.") But, I can't because I am flumoxed, oh and laughing too hard.

You are just like my ex-mother in law (the one I would have kept after the divorce, except ex-number 2 wanted her back and he doesn't share well.) She is just like you and can turn an incident into a funny story with ease giving everyone fits of giggles and tears.

I hope you didn't leave any teeth marks and remembered to spit out the splinters.
Van-go too funny.

Posted by Cele at June 18, 2005 12:05 PM

Oh but look at the GOOD side of this!! Now we have someone else we can gossip about and descend to a new level of hell!! Doesn't anyone ELSE find it odd that the woman in the truck wanted to leave the scene of the accident without getting insurance info, etc?? (putting aside the fact she wished to escape an insane person) Well, the reason I heard that she left in SUCH a hurry was that she is a married woman who was having a sizzling affair. She had JUST left her lover (who is not her husband) at the Notell Motel and she wasn't supposed to be anywhere NEAR where the accident took place. Plus, I heard her husband is mean to their dog.

Joshilyn - thanks again for providing the fodder for my gossip habit....and all it cost was some sheet metal and paint!!! Not to be greedy or anything, but is there any chance you could go out and do this again tomorrow....or later on in the week??

Posted by Ron at June 18, 2005 1:23 PM

Were you wearing you Lucky Kudzu earrings? Apparently not. Let this be a lesson to you.

Posted by Jilly at June 18, 2005 1:25 PM

How many times can one post make me laugh out loud, for pete's sake? If it's this one...MANY! hahahaha!

Posted by lizardek at June 18, 2005 3:46 PM

OK, but see, you're only looking at the surface funny of Van-gogh. It gets better. It's got these side view mirrors on either side that fold in if you push on them. If you collapse one of them it looks like he's only got one ear.

I really shouldn't be that amused. I should seek counseling.

Posted by Mr. Husband at June 18, 2005 4:09 PM

Are you sure we couldn't talk you into writing a one-off Fantasy Spec Fic story ala Hansel and Grettle? Piquant yet sly... ROFLMAO

Oh, and we gotta have a picture of the real culprit here: The Flirting Kilt Pin and its shameless dandling keys.

Posted by David at June 18, 2005 4:19 PM

J,

I know that tickly, keys rubbing on the thigh feeling. It's just so creepy!! And distracting!!

Fortunately, in trying to fix it, no persons were injured.. no innocent property was damaged... and vincent is fixable (though I bet it costs you about $3000). Luck was sitting on your shoulder.

That 8 year old is charming... and a pistol. Glad you ate him up. Next time, try the child with a little wasabi.

Posted by Debra at June 18, 2005 5:13 PM

I laughed so hard I spit Pepsi all over the screen. Thanks. Now I'm going to have to get up to get the paper towels. LOL

Posted by Dorothy at June 18, 2005 10:08 PM

My reaction:
Oh, that SUCKS!
Bwahahahahahaha!
*reads Mr. Husband's post*
Bwhahahahahahahahahahaha!
Now I am going to hell for laughing at your misfortune. But smooth oaky finish! I may never recover!

Posted by Amy at June 18, 2005 11:18 PM

OH!! I can't believe I forgot! I was at the pool today and stopped to chat with a lady and peeking out of her bag was *dances about* gods in Alabama! And I stopped mid-sentence and BRAGGED SHAMELESSLY that I know you and will in fact be visiting you soon! And she was suitably impressed! AND she said she was completely hooked from the first sentence! Now, what's a little van-mishap compared to THAT? (Ok, I know, it still sucks. But still.)

Posted by Amy at June 18, 2005 11:30 PM

I really wonder about people like yourself, didn't your parents have anything better to do!?

I mean look....involved in a dangerous and sudden stop in your van....

And then devouring small children is just two bites.

This is such as bad example to all the other folks out there....as the level of indigestion you could have acquired from "rushing" teh devouring of a child, after such a shock, could have been terrible.

Remember to chew your children at least ten times before shallowing, and consume them in small bites.

I mean, really, what is the world coming to!!

Posted by Dyvan at June 20, 2005 3:04 AM

Hmm, I think a little light torture would have increased the piquancy of said offspring prior to the devouring incident.

Sorry about the van, but at least you're all ok.

Posted by Kitty at June 20, 2005 5:23 AM