Comments: The Perfect Meme

Hilarious outlook on bios, Joshilyn, and darn if you're not right.

Posted by Dorothy at June 12, 2005 10:13 AM

Pro-muse reply: Oh! Oh! Can I do one now? Can I, huh? Can I? *jumping up and down excitedly*
Anti-muse reply:
And just how does Ra hold his hands, huh? More descriptions please. Oh, and that centipede? I only counted thirty legs, bubba. Somebody got ripped off seventy legs worth. On the other hand, the lady (that's you) can write up a storm (as evidenced in the previous blog), so I guess she's entitled. Give 'em hell, Ra!

Posted by David at June 12, 2005 11:36 AM

Marilyn's previous book, The Art of Doppelganging, was a bestseller at Lola's Beauty Nook. Before becoming a writer, she devoted her life to showing beauty queen contestants how to slather Vaseline on their teeth and gracefully hold bouquets of gladiolas. When not working at the feed store, Marilyn likes to practice the art of hand waving in front of her kitchen appliances. She strongly suggests you call first...just in case her meds haven't kicked in.

Posted by Marilyn at June 12, 2005 12:08 PM

Ha Ha Ha (I've never brought myself to type LOL with any consistancy)the day mainstream 'tooners paint bubbles with LOL over Zitts head I will contemplate it.

My muse is so bad it caught a train with my Karma and left town.

I write poetry, most not so good, some moderately readable, and one or two maybe discovered after I'm dead. Therefore, I will reside the rest of my days on the Central Oregon coast in unknown poet heaven. And one place I know of where there are no heaps. Read me after I'm dead....please.
But sheesh, I ramble.

I would look at the back flap of gods Of Alabama to read your bio, but it is at work because a co-worker couldn't resist. Now I have to buy another copy, before I can re-read your bio. But I like your dream bio it draws pictures of a haloed Guinevere riding bareback on a Paleozoic fossil with lacey wings into the sunset with a satisfied smile on her face. Or wait maybe that is a centipede wiggling out of her mouth.

So how do you feel about black t-shirts, ants, and bottle rockets?

Posted by Cele at June 12, 2005 12:29 PM

Ok, I'm game to play. I posted my "bio" at my blog, with a link back to both yours and Pam's:
Red Shoe Ramblings

The centipede pic is creeeeepy!

Posted by DebR at June 12, 2005 1:27 PM

Hmmm...thought that would come through clickable...oh well. Addy is http://debrichardson.blogspot.com

Posted by DebR at June 12, 2005 1:29 PM

LOL! I had a muse... when I was 15 and thought my poems were deep and dark and full of the pain of the world. That wa sback when I danced on moonbeams and spent my days weaving words and dreaming beautiful images into being. heh

Now, I write. ;) A lot actually. Will hit 40,000 words in the next few days and YA novels average 45-65,000 words, so the first step is almost done. WOOT! Anywho, no muse for me either. I have God and myself. *shrugs*

Posted by Heather at June 12, 2005 9:55 PM

bio meme!

everything comes together at 2 a.m.: bio meme

ps - please, Ms. Jackson, don't lash me with your appendages.
pps - Ms. Richardson, can you spare a pair of shoes, please? I haven't any.

Posted by monkey0 at June 12, 2005 10:41 PM

I'll be seeing that centipede in my nightmares!

Posted by Josie at June 12, 2005 10:47 PM

*applauds loudly*

Posted by PamM at June 12, 2005 10:58 PM

I'm cackling at work...disturbing everything in the library lucid enough to notice, and I'll shortly be writing my own "if I were a published author this would not be my bio" bio. Thanks for the giggle!

Posted by Andi at June 13, 2005 7:18 PM

I'm late to the game, but couldn't resist, though I bow before Joss' tentacles...

Posted by Caitlin at June 13, 2005 11:06 PM

YAY! I am Anti-Muse too! Or maybe that's just my way of saying that mine abandoned me as an infant or something.

Posted by Heather McCutcheon at June 15, 2005 1:03 PM