Comments: With a Quivering Pink Nose

1) Right!!!

2) Perhaps being just a teensyTINY bit drunk would help you believe number 1?

3) Most commercials are scary. I mute 90% of them so they can't worm their way into my brain.

3 1/2) Things still pretty virtuous in Kentucky. Still blogging about it now and then too. And Dara and I have brainwas...er...encouraged some of the members of the Artful Quilters Web Ring to join in.

3 3/4) Maybe you should write a "20 Days of Virtue" book and go on all the talk shows to promote it. You could be like Dr. Phil, only younger, thinner, less annoying, and with way prettier shoes and hair.

Posted by DebR at June 5, 2005 4:04 PM

I should moisturize my heels more often.

(This is what happens to be after 8 days with no sugar and limited carbs. That was all I was able to take away from that post. My brain is DYING.)

Posted by Mir at June 5, 2005 5:17 PM

After reading this post, I am suggesting somewhat more drunk might be for the best.

AMEN to all of your commercial critiques, ESPECIALLY "We love the subs!" Oh. My. GOD that was a bad ad.

Everything will be fine. The adjustment period may be a TEENSY bit scary (apply alcohol of choice here) but you and Scott are excellent human beings and you will figure it out. And then it will be brilliant. And I think you're pretty. So it's all good!

Must go moisturize my heels. ;)

Posted by Amy at June 5, 2005 6:52 PM

Okay, so I am convinced that commercials are why the gods created TiVo! Who needs soft heels when one can smell as wonderful as a newt!

Posted by Jenny Michael at June 5, 2005 8:01 PM

Enter Sam, the child prodigy ad exec.
See, and then, there'll be another full time job to add to the list and another person among whom to divide them. Good, yes?

Posted by David at June 6, 2005 8:04 AM

It will be alright. But if it isn't and you DO become an advertising exec., please PLEASE BURN that Burger King statue that literally appears out of thin air to deliver burgers and make me shudder. That statue with his menacing smirk. He gives me the heebie-jeebies.

Posted by Em at June 6, 2005 11:42 AM

It is now official the only virtue that Cele possess is patience, and three tubs of BJ's ice cream. Oh yeah, those aren't virtues, they are comfort food, because I gave up advil.

1) Newts, remind me of lizards, who are related to snakes so I'll stick to Neutragena.

2) gods and it's delightfully, soft heeled, talented authoress will emerge on the otherside of the booke fairs, national conferences, signings, and deluxe cruises unscathed and widely read, and ready to write the next three tomes that are vying to get out and on to paper. If gods and your addictive blog are any indication they are going to be killer reads.

3) Take good care of Sam, the kids has a finger on the pulse of advertizing. Which by the way, I've got a few accounts that could use a male perspective, so can I pick his brain? How does he feel about Chainsaw Carving Divisional Championships? I've got a Friday deadline.

3a) What addle pated, overpaid, stuff shirt thought up smashed, diseased, badly hatted, singing mice as a good inducement for buying something you would eat? really!

Even Arlo wouldn't eat one of those things. I think mice scare him.

3b) good point on the Burger King - that is too scary. But note only a guy would accept, then eat food handed to him through his bedroom window by some badly dressed, grinning stalker.

Posted by Cele at June 6, 2005 12:25 PM

Re: the new job - "All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well." Julian of Norwich. (Except Quiznos and Burger King commercials. Eek!)

Posted by Dara at June 6, 2005 1:36 PM

Gol DANGIT JOSHILYN! I JUST got that Vonage Woo-Hoo, woo-hoo-hoo song OUT of my HEAD by repeatedly playing SHOW TUNES on my CD player so at least what I was hearing had some WORDS I could SING and here you go and woo-hoo it right back into my frontal lobes!!! Okay, here's my revenge: "I BIN TO THE DESERT ON A HORSE WITH NO NAME, IT'S SO GOOD TO GET OUT OF THE RAY-HAIN, IN THE DESERT, YOU CAN'T REMEMBER YOUR NAME CUZ THERE AIN'T NO ONE FOR TO GIVE YOU NO PAIN"

Moisturize THAT!
Love
Jilly

Posted by Jilly at June 6, 2005 2:13 PM

Jilly,

The only way to get the Vonage Woo-hoo song out of your head is to listen to any other song by the 5, 6, 7, 8's. They are all pretty darn addictive.

Mr. Husband

Posted by Mr. Husband at June 6, 2005 3:39 PM

Love your blog! Your novel promotion is going well... I found your site, read the first line, bought the book, and have now told all of my friends to go buy it. I won't lend mine to them, they have to go get their own. The Books a Million in Charleston, SC has a lovely display of bestsellers at the front door and your book practically leaps out of the bookshelves. Finished it in a night at the beach and loved it. So glad I found this site!

Posted by Rbelle at June 7, 2005 12:40 AM

Commercials are why I don't have TV (I'm the insomniac mystery reader). You can juggle the 2.5 jobs--no one said having your dreams come true is easy!

Posted by Edgy Mama at June 7, 2005 4:10 PM