Comments: 20 Days of Virtue (and Wedding Pics)

OMG I WANT THOSE SHOES... ankle strap and all! Too cute!

I will join you in the 20 days of virtue, in terms of limiting the sugar and whatnot. In fact, I was just out buying yogurt and cottage cheese and NO SUGAR yesterday because I NEED to get back to not consuming my body weight in sugar every day. But I am weak. So very weak. Please harangue me, as I find abuse and ridicule a good motivator.

As for the exercise, I don't know HOW I work that in, but I shall try. You know how I feel about sacrificing sleep for exercise, but I fear that's what life--or rather, my expanding ass--has come to. Alas.

*toasting you with a celery stalk*

Posted by Mir at May 30, 2005 6:44 PM

I'm with you on the 20-day plan, especially since I'm on day THREE of a very similar self-made plan I started on Saturday.

Oh, and it seems to be common knowledge in the world of how-to-change-habits GURUS that it takes 21 days to change a habit. You might consider adding on another tortuous day. You wouldn't want to miss out on a life-changing experience by a mere 24 hours, would you?

As for the chocolate....I also have to have it every day. My chocolate fix is ALWAYS a Slimfast SNACK bar - the caramel crunch is awesome, tastes like REAL food, and it only has 130 calories! Sometimes I just have that with an apple for lunch. They also have a peanut butter/chocolate one but I'm not fond of it as it tastes a lot like DIET food.

I do love your shoes but can you really hold off on wearing them until after the challenge?? Yeah, right. Hmmm, what will I buy at the end....oh, I saw a lovely shawl that is similar to the one Jessica Simpson made famous. Me thinks me would like that shawl!

Posted by Carolyn H at May 30, 2005 8:54 PM

Yeah, good luck with that...I think I will just buy the shoes!
*skips gaily about with fat flying in all directions* ;)

Posted by Amy at May 30, 2005 9:19 PM

Thank you for the pictures! I love pictures! Flowers:gorgeous. Cake: gorgeous! Bride and groom: gorgeous but you are right, just a little bit fetal.

I will not be participating in your 20 days of virtue but feel free to send your chocolate to my house. I will dispose of it properly. Good Luck!

Posted by Em at May 30, 2005 9:35 PM

Joshilyn,
As many weddings as I have been to yours still remains one of the most beautiful ones I have ever seen.
I am so glad I got to be part of you day and congrats on your anniversary.

Posted by Whit at May 30, 2005 10:38 PM

Thanks for the push - I will join you, yes I will! Sugar and wheat have muscled their way to the forefront of my diet and the result is not pretty. Hey - I'm getting my Birkenstocks resoled, does that count as a new pair of shoes? BTW - congrats on the anniversary - and the photos are adorable.

Posted by Dara at May 30, 2005 11:46 PM

1) Thanks for posting the wedding photos. You and Mr. Husband look lovely and way too young. You look like you should be going to a prom instead of making vows in formalwear. And you're right, the flowers were spectacular.

2) The virtue thing...I hate you. I mean that in the nicest possible way, of course, but I'm just saying.

I have been needing to do this for WEEKS and have been carefully living in the Land of Denial, pretending my eating habits haven't slidden back into a mass of sugar-addiction the past few months.

But a couple of days ago I put on a pair of pants that fit perfectly in February and they were noticeably snug in the butticus and I felt a twinge of awareness creep in. You know, just that little twitchy thought that maybe it's time to take some action. But I put it out of my mind. (I think I buried it under some chocolate.)

Then I come here and...Damn. Damn, Damn, DAMN! Now your plan has totally ruined my denial, so I might as well join you.

So, ok, I'm doing it. I'm not gonna like it, but starting tomorrow, I'm making changes.

But tonight I had coconut cake for dessert.

Posted by DebR at May 31, 2005 12:54 AM

"Inside me, there's a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut her up with chocolate."

(Always loved that one.)

Okay, yesterday was pretty good, except for that piece of fried chicken that fell into my mouth at some point after the kids went to bed. But that's not sugar so tralalala.

I need you to tell me if there's something wrong with skipping breakfast, on this plan. I'm having my coffee and my water and wondering. (Cuz once I start eating, it's all over... better to wait til lunch!)

Posted by Mir at May 31, 2005 8:04 AM

THE SHOES: You people with beautimous ankles can wear those adorable shoes, but HAVE a HEART for those of us who are impaired in the ankular area! Even when I'm a size ten I have Lithuanian peasant ankles; it's simply too much to bear when you post a photo of a SHOE LIKE THAT. :::sob:::

Posted by Jilly at May 31, 2005 9:53 AM

Hmmmm, I started on something like this myself yesterday. Spent $108 at the grocery store and seemed to fill the refrigerator, not the freezer or the pantry. Fresh foods! Anyway, I'm in. Mama needs a new pair of shoes.

Posted by laura at May 31, 2005 11:58 AM

Thanks for posting the wedding photos...love the car one best. You DO look demented...as someone who's heading off to the Crescent City should. I shall cheer you all on in your dieting efforts...and maybe this will inspire me to be a teensy bit better in the food selections. I done gave up the booze long ago...so a girl's gotta have a little Dorit...er...fun once in awhile. But I'm a genetically skinny gal and if I were to diet I'd simply disappear. OW! It's not nice to hit! But I will use your 20-day inspiration to get my half-century behind back into walking mode (it has gone completly to hell since leaving the tropics and my daily beach walks). I love your idea of reward first, diet later.

Posted by Marilyn at May 31, 2005 1:50 PM

Woohoo... I am also in. Especially with the exercise and the water. I started running: www.butnothingischasingme.blogspot.com if you get bored.

Posted by Heather McCutcheon at May 31, 2005 3:28 PM

Cute shoes.

You'll have to be virtuous without me though. LOL!

Posted by Heather at May 31, 2005 9:32 PM

I've been doing your 20 days of virture for 16 months now :) Lost over 50 lbs. Still have a ways to go, so I'm in but I'll go for a new pair of jeans

Posted by Linda Dupie at June 3, 2005 8:17 PM