Comments: Boggle Ye With Me

It sounds like heaven...of course you know how I feel about computers...if it weren't for you getting me all addicted to reading blogs and email I would never even approach a computer willingly. Being dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st century, yes I am!
"Licking investgatively at a big block of heroin" - *chortle* - only you could make that particular parent-paranoia so hilarious! :)

Posted by Amy at May 26, 2005 6:02 PM

Ack! I have dialup at home and on the work laptop when I travel. I am so 20th-century!

Posted by Dara at May 26, 2005 6:09 PM

That's barbaric. I hope you called them all Luddites and told them their stupid prehistoric hotel will be featured in a future Joshilyn Jackson bestseller, titled Isolation Can Drive You To Christian Rock.

Posted by Mir at May 26, 2005 7:03 PM

We are turning our youth building into a coffee shop/computer place too. It iwll be called Holy Grounds. I named it. LOL!

We plan to be THE HOUSE too. :)

Posted by Heather at May 26, 2005 8:26 PM

Damn, I want a basement for my kids, too. Can my kids come hang out at yours when they're teenagers so I can relax?

Posted by lizardek at May 27, 2005 3:18 AM

I've been back on dial-up for over a year now. I have been just fine with it (after getting of my DSL DTs)...until yesterday. I tried to download a trial program and was told it would take 4 hours. 4! And then, 50% of the way done? I got disconnected! I wound up trying again at bedtime, leaving everything running through the night. I have the trial program, but now I hate dial-up again. All that to say, I'm eva so sorry!

We want to be The House, too :)

Posted by AGK at May 27, 2005 7:56 AM

And the truly frustrating thing about hotels with no internet IN THE ROOMS? They have it in the office. Not hard to set up a wireless network, folks! It's not like they don't have to have it in the office for their work... They just don't WANT to deal with it.

Blah.

Posted by Kestralyn at May 27, 2005 9:42 AM

For someone who's come to love blogging as much as I have, I'm astounded now that we didn't even own a computer 2-1/2 years ago! And naive puppies that we were, we were perfectly content with the slower-than-Bush's-brain dial-up we had in the tropics. LOSERS! Ah, the joys of broadband and wireless...I'm so very happy to be back in the 'real' world again. Although I have to say, we recently stayed in a fairly new, very nice hotel here in California where dial-up was the only option, which surprised me.

Posted by Marilyn at May 27, 2005 9:58 AM

THE HOUSE: YES!!! This is the ENTIRE KEY TO PARENTING!!! Our kids are 20 and 17 now, and we have always been THE HOUSE, on purpose like. Also the gay kids are welcome here because I'm so pro-gay kids, and they come out of the closet here before they do at home. I love being THE HOUSE. Jos, eventually you will walk down the halls at your kidslets' high school and there will be shouts of HEY MRS. JACKSON WHUS HAPP NINN? and it is VERY cool, especially if you are with a mom without THE HOUSE and they don't know her name ha. Two crucial investments for the basement: dumpster-sized trash barrel that can be lined with anti-bug/anti-smell plastic bags, and 2) MICROWAVE oh and, 3) FRO PIZZAS. One more thing: here is what Possible Pregnancy Happening sounds like: "MMMMN, AHMMNNNN, NO DON'T, OKAY DO, MNMNNSSHAHAHAH!!!" Raid immediately.

Posted by Jilly at May 27, 2005 5:25 PM

Just yesterday I was examining our damp basement-- hoping for visionary guidance as to how to create a cool teenage den down there. The problem is that the house was built in the 1920s and the ceiling in the basement is literally 5'8" high, which won't be a problem for my daughter, who will most likely top out at 5'6" like me, but my son is already on the 6-foot path. And I would be horrified if he stoops or develops a hump from spending all of his time in a 5'8" room. What to do?

Posted by Edgy Mama at May 28, 2005 10:45 AM

I grew up in THE HOUSE and successfully avoided licking any blocks of heroin, so I plan to continue the tradition with my kids too. The pool table is an excellent lure; I'll have to try that.

Posted by Amanda at May 28, 2005 4:42 PM