Comments: For the Record

Test comment.

Posted by Mr. Husband at May 1, 2005 11:47 AM

It is fixed! You can now comment at will.

We had a problem with an over zealous anti-spam program. We have calmed it down and it has promised to be much nicer to our guests from now on.

Again, sorry for the problems, but we should be good to go now.

Posted by Mr. Husband at May 1, 2005 12:16 PM

Thank you, Mr. Husband. I am grateful you've fixed the comments, so I can chime in to testify that despite the fact I have never resided in a Bona Fide Grits-Eating State for any reasonable amount of time, I am on the SUGAR? WTF? SUGAR ON GRITS? bandwagon in a huge way.

Plus, as my sister Freya once famously said, "there are two kinds of food in the world: food that's good, and food that needs more salt."

Posted by Cornelia Read at May 1, 2005 1:49 PM

I know this wont change your mind on the all-important grits issue, but maybe I can help you understand us sugar-eating yankees.

I come from the frozen north, where we always looked at grits as overground oatmeal. They live in the cereal aisle, next to cream of wheat and such. And what do you put on oatmeal? ANSWER: LOTS OF SUGAR.

I live in the south now, and am learning about grits. And biscuits. And places that call macaroni and cheese a "vegetable." Some days its almost scary to eat out.

Also, I think I would like Cornelia's sister.

Posted by corrie at May 1, 2005 2:38 PM

A sure sign of a Northerner is if a person puts sugar in grits, but not in iced tea. Assuming they eat grits, that is. Or drink iced tea. :-)

Posted by DebR at May 1, 2005 3:05 PM

Grits! Blech! 'Nuff said.

Posted by Amy at May 1, 2005 8:40 PM

I Have an entire left thigh made of grits with butter and salt and red eye gravy. Ask me what it is, go ahead...grins. Cause i is 85% southern...grins...actually 100 but the test was fixed.

Glad things are going well and thank you Mr. Fabu Husband for fixing things. Your wife beams when she speaks of you and is truly a gem of a person. I'm glad you two have each other.

Take care Joss and have fun in TN, where you should find tea that is sweet and grits that are not.

Gabi

Posted by Gabi at May 1, 2005 10:15 PM

Hee hee. I kept wondering what was so questionable about "Glad you get to spend some time at home with the fam."

Posted by Heather at May 3, 2005 3:46 PM

Must confess to being a sweetened grits eater. not sugar, god no, that's gross, but... Maple syrup. which is from... the frozen north. try it: grits, butter, maple syrup, and cream. ooooooooooooooh. heaven.

grits and cheese is good too, of course, although i believe firmly if tehre is one shortfall in southern cuisine it is the lack of decent (read: not 'pasteurized processed') cheese....

Posted by Erica at May 6, 2005 4:04 PM