Comments: A Big Old-Fashioned Temper Tantrum

You need to tell us the name of this odious hotel, so that we may all stay away in droves. Next time... TAKEOUT DELIVERY. 'Nuf said. :)

Posted by hiai at April 28, 2005 6:54 AM

Well, if I had to guess, I'd say Kimberly is the hotel manager! Sorry to hear they were such butts.

Posted by Peek at April 28, 2005 8:12 AM

Finished the book - yes, the copy I bought MONDAY at Ala Booksmith. Love, Love, Loved it!!! Am wondering how you got to know my grandmother so well, as her ashes are currently resting in Montgomery. (They were in the back of my mom's closet for several years, but that's another story.) And yes, her name was... FLORENCE.

Anne www.tinykingdom.typepad.com

Posted by "Anne" at April 28, 2005 9:22 AM

I think the fact that you reserved your tantrum for the blog and did not take it out on the hotel staff by jumping up and down on their heads earns you a great deal of Belle Points. Only a real southerner would have remained so polite.
Of course, a TRUE belle would have been able to convince them to COMP the meal, AND bring it to the room, while apologizing profusely for its inadequacy, but still. Too bad Maisy wasn't there!

Posted by Amy at April 28, 2005 10:33 AM

I love love love that book!!!! Isn't it fabulous!!!! I so enjoyed meeting you and hope I didn't make a complete fool of myself. :) Have a safe journey on the rest of your tour!
Tiff

Posted by Tiff at April 28, 2005 10:38 AM

I hate how hotels/arenas/etc have to jack up food prices. It's crazy!

Posted by Heather at April 28, 2005 10:45 AM

Sounds like you were a model of restraint. I would have been harping at the manager lickety-slit. That's outrageous (the prices and the fact that they wouldn't let you have take-out)! And let's hear it for good manners. I agree--just because one's on an expense account is no reason to pay ridiculous prices.

Posted by Marilyn at April 28, 2005 11:36 AM

Great interviews. Loved the tasty tidbits about "Between".

Sounds like you need to start giving out referals, like f'rinstance, that Hostile (oops, did I say that?)I mean Hotel Manager should fly Air Bogus next time he travels, and Kimberley Who We Hate should stay at Hotel Rich and Starving if she's ever in Memphis. Wouldn't that be just delightful?

Posted by David at April 28, 2005 1:48 PM

*snicker* I like the way David thinks.

Posted by Heather at April 28, 2005 5:45 PM

OMG!!!! My autographed copies from the Alabama Booksmith arrived today! I'm fondling my copy even as we speak (type?)!

And to give you a sense of how much I love one of my friends? She's going on a long car trip this weekend and I'm letting her read it before I get to! She's also a fan, so it seems only fair.

So, when you coming to the Dallas/OKC/Tulsa/Wichita/Fayetteville area?

Posted by Beth at April 28, 2005 10:29 PM

This is vivid, real writing so lifelike the actions and moments that I am reliving from my own travels, going without food because I won't pay what it's not worth, it is so deplorable that the hotel hates giving room service. I learned too late of your Jackson trip; I wanted to buy an autographed copy from you.

Posted by Jim at May 4, 2005 11:19 PM