Comments: QUIZ! And 3 Questions with Ann Marie Michaels

It says I'm a hybrid of "Indie Girl" and "Progressive Girl". In reading the descriptions...yep...that's me. Except for that part in the Indie Girl description where they talk about referring to The Simpsons. I'd be much more likely to start a conversation "It's like that Buffy episode..." I'm just saying.

I read the othery type descriptions and didn't think any of them sounded like me, so I didn't bother to take the test again. But I WOULD have if I'd thought they were wrong!! :-)

Thanks Joss, that was fun. I LOVE quizzes!

Posted by DebR at April 19, 2005 9:07 AM

Ok, it says I'm a hybrid of progressive girl/girl next door. I don't know where it's getting the progressive part - I'm the LEAST progressive person I know. The description raised every hair on my ultra-conservative hackles. Girl next door, on the other hand, sounds just like me. So I'm ok with that.

I think I'll make Kevin take this later to see if he "gets me!" Is it sad if I tell you I doubt it? Oh well - he does dishes AND laundry so I'm hot for him anyway! *grin*

Posted by Amy at April 19, 2005 9:22 AM

I'm a progressive girl.

I think it was pretty accurate. The picture associated with it looks like me, only thinner and a little chic-cer looking. I wear jeans and walk the dog pretty much every day, which is what that progressive girl was doing, and the description sounded a lot like me.

Posted by corrie at April 19, 2005 9:24 AM

I'm a hybrid of progressive girl/girl next door.. I don't think I sound like ANY of the girls! Although I'd really like to be Athletic Girl... but that would mean... like... exercising more.

Posted by Heather McCutcheon at April 19, 2005 10:31 AM

I'm a progressive girl, too. I think it was mostly accurate, although when I read the descriptions I can see dashes of me in Indie Girl and Academic Girl. BTW, my husband cooks and does laundry, and you're right, that's HOT.

Posted by Aimee at April 19, 2005 10:58 AM

It says I'm a hybrid of progressive/girl next door, the latter being more accurate. I guess if I had to define myself I'd be a "mutt", a bit of all of them. By the way, got the book in the mail yesterday, can't wait to start it.

Posted by Peek at April 19, 2005 11:10 AM

I'm an Academic Girl.

No way was I taking the quiz again! It might say I'm something else. I {heart} books!

Now...how to talk my husband into replacing my Dodge Caravan with a Volvo...

Posted by Katrina at April 19, 2005 11:18 AM

I found that I had two good answers to several questions, so I took the quiz twice. ;> I came up as Academic Girl the first time, and Granola Girl the second. I have to say, I'm sooo the Academic Girl. Granola Girl makes too many assumptions about people who choose an organic environmentally friendly life - like that we are all vegetarians. I'm not. I have a mostly organic garden, and I compost, but if I didn't live in the city I'd have a hive of bees for local honey (and to pollinate my garden) and free range chickens for eggs and to eat the bugs in my garden. So there you go. Me as a Granola Girl is pretty accurate, but I thought the description was wrong.

Posted by Christina at April 19, 2005 12:37 PM

Hey, cool, it says I'm an Indie Girl. I like that. Then I took the quiz *pretending* to be Patrick. (Is that so wrong?) So in that case I'm a Progressive Girl. I sent it to him -- we'll see what *he* thinks I am.

Even sexier than a man who does dishes or laundry is a man who cooks *with* you -- and watching him cradle his son brings tears to my eyes. The nice booty and smile and fat paycheck and ability to sprint around the bases are just cake.

Posted by Julia at April 19, 2005 12:39 PM

Holy cats, I'm pure Girl Next Door. I sort of got a hint when my dream date was the baseball game and the hamburgers, and my fabric was denim, but still, what a comedown after a lifetime of thinking of myself as sophosticated and and progressive! I GUESS it's okay, seeing as how I get to eat cookies and drink coffee and listen to the cat purr....wait. I do that anyway.

Posted by Jill K at April 19, 2005 3:01 PM

I'm the girl next door. And I actually drive a Chevy Cavalier.

Posted by SChance at April 19, 2005 4:49 PM

Well, I came up Academic Girl/Progressive Girl. I am not sure that fits me totally. I hope I am not all smarts with no fun. Ya know?

Posted by Heather at April 19, 2005 10:38 PM

Hey Ms Josilyn -- a combo of progressive girl and indie girl. think i should send this to the wife?

Posted by debra at April 20, 2005 12:22 AM

I am so Indie Girl! (Which might surprise my colleagues and students, who surely think I am Academic Girl?) I esp. liked the Velvet Underground question--that's a very smart and fun questionnaire. Nice blog, too, BTW; I'm looking forward to getting hold of your novel and reading it. Directed via Beatrice.

Posted by Jenny D at April 20, 2005 2:31 AM

I got hybrid of Progressive Girl and Girl Next Door which is pretty much spot on. Some of the things are a little americanised but once I managed to translate them to the Brit equivalent they were right.

Posted by Kitty at April 20, 2005 8:30 AM

Checking back -- Patrick took the test and found me to be a hybrid Progressive-Academic, whereas I came out Indie Girl. So I guess I'm not as smart as he thinks, or more fun...either way, I'm glad he took it.

Posted by Julia at April 20, 2005 12:58 PM

I am seeing a trend here.. for I am a Progressive Girl/Girl Next Door combo as well. I think that must mean there's certain "types" that like your blog more than others... hmmmmm...sounds like a research project in the making... (can you tell I thought I was going to end up at least partially Academic Girl? Oh, well, bits of them all suit me well I suppose)

Posted by hiai at April 21, 2005 6:13 PM

I am a Conservative, Right-Wing, Rush Limbaugh listening, Christian, Red State Republican and I fell into the Progressive Girl category????

Posted by Lisa at June 30, 2005 8:28 PM