Comments: Worth A Thousand

Ohh! Another pretty dress! I'm getting all jealous of your pretty clothes. And thank you for adding a shoe picture. Now the image is complete. Beautious shoes, BTW (and lovin' the pedicure, though I am not a foot fan, I am a shoe fan and your piggies look lovely).

I'm hysterical over your aim ball names. I don't have nearly enough aliases.

I'm so happy for you! What an exciting time! A bodice clipped microphone! How many people really get to wear those? You are one of The Chosen now. Congratulations!

Posted by Em at April 15, 2005 9:28 PM

Girlfriend!
THAT is TV hair . . . and TV Shoes . . . and TV toenails . . . and TV toe ring (and so on and so on). You go girl. *wolf whistle in the background* (Can you hear it?)

p.s. finished the book yesterday LOVED IT!

Posted by Dana W. at April 15, 2005 10:37 PM

1. Yes, whoever took that first photo needs photography lessons, since there is just MILES of space above your head that could've been used to show footwear.

2. However, that turned out to be a Good Thing because that means we get to see the footwear close-up. FABULOUS shoes, and toenails, and toe ring! The nail polish color was perfect with your dress. It's all about the shoes, baby!

3. The woman in the pink jacket at your signing table looks just like someone I know! But I don't think it was her, because she SHOULD be in Ohio. You look great in that photo, Joss. Very Professional Author-y.

4. I am ready to hear the rules of AIM BALL. My name will be Inga Boingawinga.

Posted by DebR at April 15, 2005 11:16 PM

I wanted to say something nice about your outfit, but they've already beaten me to it. Your stylist is perfection! You look as cute as a bug. Are you taking trunks with you...I mean is there a different outfit for each city. Like Oprah...she never wears the same outfit twice. She's very media savvy, not to mention...rich!

I want to say one more thing. The lighting in that bookstore is fantastic. I love a bookstore...or any store with good lighting. Especially when they put little spots on "Gods in Alabama"!

I want to be Commo Thumplestein. If I'm ever allowed to play AIM BALL.

Posted by Waylon at April 16, 2005 12:03 AM

You look marvelous. Congrats on the buzz on your book. I read about it in the Montgomery Advertiser and see that you will be in town today. Going to try to go to your book signing and purchase your book. It sounds really really intriquing ... intriguing .... uh . intri....er...interesting. Have save trips and have fun. !~~Sky

Posted by Skye at April 16, 2005 7:00 AM

OH MY GAWD!! Who are you and what happened to our friend Joshilyn? You looked great and are just glowing with radiance!!

Fly, fly away my little author friend to all those big book signings in the big book signing places and make us proud!

Posted by Pam at April 16, 2005 8:49 AM

I am dying to know?, did you let them cut the book cake? Did it tatse as good as it looked?

Posted by Liesl at April 16, 2005 9:29 AM

And again I say, WOW.

I read the book again on Wednesday and am pleased to say it has the rare distiction of being just as hard to put down on the second read-thru as it was on the first. Try to remember all us little people when you're super famous! ;)

If I am ever a professional wrestler my name will be Candypants Mallone. Serious thought will have to go into my Aim Ball name!

Posted by Amy at April 16, 2005 10:12 AM

Hey y'all, you look FANTASTIC....

What's that sign say behind you? "Join the what?" "Joshilyn what?"

"Join the masses reading Joshilyn Jackson's new book, gods in Alabama..."??

Posted by Martha O'Connor at April 16, 2005 10:38 AM

Jos those SHOES and those FEET! So gorgeous and as you know, such a priority. The photo of you actually signing a book is precious and must be framed and shamelessly displayed. WHERE did you find that DRESS it's PERFECTION?

Here in punky Boise Idaho, Borders has sold 12 of the 15 copies they put on display. The four independent booksellers are sold out of their one copy each and are ordering more.

My AIM BALL name is HandGrenade Firestone, and I talk like a pirate. YARRR.
Love and luck
Jill

Posted by Jill Kuraitis at April 16, 2005 1:32 PM

You looked BEAUTIFUl. Not that that is abnormal, anyhow. And love the hsoes. ;) Enjoy flying out of the lovely Montgomery Airport. Ba! I wish I had realized ahead of time you'd be there and could have contacted my favorite English prof at AUM.

Posted by Heather at April 16, 2005 1:43 PM

Happy, happy pub day! Have fun on the tour! Great shoes. Fab pedicure.

Posted by Karin Gillespie at April 16, 2005 3:56 PM

I've got dial-up internet, so the picture of you two built downward in sections. When the last one formed, I said, outloud, "They cut off the shoes." and lo and behold, what showed up next but your comments and the shoe/pedi/toe ring close-up. I nearly died laughing. And finally, FINALLY, we get to meet the suave, debonaire, calm, cool and always collected Scott! You two look great! Congrats on an excellent launch. Sounds like it put you right into orbit. *grins*
Cheers, y'all.

Posted by David at April 16, 2005 9:08 PM

After lurking mostly, I have to tell you I was flipping the New Yorker today and saw a wonderful ad for your book. THE NEW YORKER!!

I am really happy for you. I can't wait to read the book. Continued success and happiness.

Oh and LOVE the shoes!

Posted by Lisa V at April 17, 2005 12:55 AM

Those shoes are full of strappy charm. I am sick. Check your WoW mail. HURRY.

Posted by jill at April 17, 2005 10:17 AM