Comments: Hello, my name is...PUBLISHED NOVELIST

Wow. It's finally here. WOW. And I mean that.

Don't feel bad about the name thing. It took me a year to realize that Chuck's name wasn't TED, so Teresa was MRS. TED, to me. You are not alone.

On my way to BORDERS!! YIPPEE!!!

Posted by Amy at April 13, 2005 8:31 AM

Congratulations, Joshilyn! This is a big day, and I hope you enjoy every moment of it.

Posted by katie willard at April 13, 2005 8:36 AM

Never doubt the woman who owns the store -- she knows what will sell!

Yay! So exciting!

Posted by Beth at April 13, 2005 9:51 AM

Congrats darlin....I know today will be wonderful because you will make it so! We are celebrating here and telling all of our friends. Have a great tour and will see you soon.

Posted by Gabi at April 13, 2005 9:51 AM

First of all - you look great! All skinny and put together in your pretty skirt and twinset. But, um, shoes? What do the shoes look like?

Also, don't feel too bad. My across-the-street neighbor for whom we bake, whose husband regularly shovels for us, who are very nice and we talk to often? Yeah. Her name is either Patty or Cathy (or Kathy). I don't know. I called her one of those names to the next door neighbor who promptly corrected me (me, feeling like an ass) but do you think I can remember which I said and which I was corrected with? Nope. So I pretend I'm super polite and call her Mrs. ... It works for now. Later, we'll move.

Aside from all the ME-ness of my comment CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR MOST IMPORTANT AND VERY SPECIAL DAY!!!!

Posted by Em at April 13, 2005 9:56 AM

Congratulations!!
I'm the world's second-shyest person, and have been working myself up to this for days... (what, leave a written comment on a writer's blog? Hey, no prob...)
I've been reading your blog for about a month, now, and have REALLY been enjoying it! I've been slowly reading through the archives, trying to make them last longer...
And I read the book a few days ago, and LOVED it! I've been recommending it to everyone who'll stand still & listen to me for more than 30 seconds - and that's not easy for a shy person :)
I hope you sell bazillions of copies and it stays at the top of the Times Bestseller List for at least a year and a half!
Thank you for your writing - both blog and novel. And I hope the next book comes out really soon...

Posted by Gayle at April 13, 2005 10:27 AM

Congratulations on the official release! I'm almost done (I've been forcibly reining myself in because I don't want to be done reading) and loving the book so far. I've recommended it to a bunch of people, and this morning on the bus I subtly flashed the beautiful cover at my fellow commuters and sent book-buying brain waves that they will be unable to resist.

Posted by Aimee at April 13, 2005 10:56 AM

BIG HUGELY HUGE DAY, JOSS! Congrats! :o) & {{hugs}}

Posted by Martha O'Connor at April 13, 2005 1:50 PM

Got the book in the mail yesterday and already drank it down in one delicious gulp. I loved every word.

Posted by Amanda at April 13, 2005 3:40 PM

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

And if you can hear it--if I have not deafened you with my squeeing--I am also telling you that you are a FABULOUS BITCH whom I love very much and that is the ONLY THING saving you from me HATING you for looking SO GLAM at your signing. What was that again, about the skating and the needing to exercise because you're big? I see no big! I see a gorgeous, brilliant lady in a color that lights her face right up and a skirt I am even now plotting to somehow steal.

But yes, we need a picture of the shoes, too. ;)

Congratulations, Joshilyn. You've arrived.

Posted by Mir at April 13, 2005 7:07 PM

You are looking FABulous! Congratulations!!

P.S. I introduced my brand-new-love-of-my-life boyfriend to my sorority house saying "Everyone, this is Jeff". After several "Hi Jeff!"s he finally said "Um..my name is Greg." DoH!

Posted by Kimberly at April 13, 2005 7:33 PM

Congratulations Joshilyn! You're right. A big day and I'm about to bust! Keep on keepin' on. See ya' in Greenville!

I like your outfit in this picture. Nice skirt!

Posted by Waylon at April 13, 2005 7:33 PM

CONGRATULATIONS!! Saw the EW photo and review--good stuff! Will we see you on the West Coast?

Posted by Marilyn at April 14, 2005 6:57 AM

Congrats, Joshilyn!

Wanted to let you know, if you don't already, that the latest Doubleday Book Club email update featured "gods..." under "Exciting Arrivals". Pretty cool, yes? :-)

Posted by DebR at April 14, 2005 9:30 AM

Just so you know, I checked Amazon and your book is now #741!!!! That is awesome babe. It's moving on up! Will you still love us when you are famous and on Oprah and stuff?

Posted by Gabi at April 14, 2005 1:23 PM

I get to MEEEEEETTTTT you. I am so excited. And I justc an't hide it. Tho, reading you reminds me how, um, lacking, I am in the writing talent department, as of late. Isn't it sad that I NOW see I used to write some really good stuff, but NOW I cannot seem to do it anymore? Ba! Maybe you will rub off on me. I wish we would have time to do more than a 2-minute hello. You, me and Tiff could go out for drinks. Cept, I don't like alcohol, but I could have a virgin drink. *snicker*

I added Helen's book to my amazon wishlist. The Library does not have it. *frowns* You WILL take pictures with us, right? I will have my camera batteries fully charged.

Posted by Heather at April 14, 2005 1:47 PM

I read the first sentence and now I am hooked! I can't wait to order the book and start reading.

Posted by Rbelle at April 14, 2005 10:40 PM

Mostly want to thank you for sharing this ride with us. Your blogs have enabled us to feel like we are a part of your life, the life of a caring human being and a published author, something that most of us will never approach in the normal course of our own life orbits.

Joss, with all my heart I thank you.

P.S. Couldn't wait for my copies to get here so I hit the local Barnes & Noble. They had gotten only 10 copies and I managed to get the last one.

Posted by Judi at April 15, 2005 1:33 PM