Comments: Bugs and Arlene

Joshilyn has a thing about roaches. Check. Arlene is not Joshilyn. Check. Bearing all of that in mind, does Arlene have a thing about roaches?

Three more days!!

Posted by David at April 11, 2005 8:20 AM

But that's the perfect way to put it. No, she isn't you, but she is YOURS. And those of us who know you can see glimpses and flashes of you peeking out in her. And those flashes are GOOD - they make her funny, and real, and sympathetic. But in no way do I think you would murder someone (unless they were messin' with one of your babies) or sleep around so, um, ENTHUSIASTICALLY, and I know you don't cuss, etc. etc. So breathe deep and relax - people who love you WILL see the difference. And they'll love Arlene, too.

Posted by Amy at April 11, 2005 8:42 AM

I can't find the place that tells me when you'll be in Bham. I think one time is this week but I'll be seeing Shirley Manson and Garbage in ATL. But don't you come back at the end of themonth>>

Anne

Posted by "Anne" at April 11, 2005 9:13 AM

Last commentor: I'm so jealous that you're going to see Shirley and "Garbage". Tortured. Shirley rocks! **So this doesn't turn into some sort of chat situation...

Joshilyn, I will attest, is nothing like Arlene. I've know her since early college days. I go on the record for all of you. Of course, she ain't no boring wallflower either. I'll save the rest for the talking head of me when I'm 80 talking to the documentarian about Joshilyn. I'll need the money when social security is gone.

The book is wonderful. Roaches are not.

Posted by Waylon at April 11, 2005 10:53 AM

Joshilyn, how KIND of you to get your book all ready to release on the day before my BIRTHDAY!! Such kindness, and we have never even met! I have a copy reserved at the local Borders. I attest I am NOT related to Ms. Jackson in any genetic form whatsoever. I just love to read. Welcome, Ms. Jackson, to the Actor's quandary - the character is yours, but she isn't YOU. I mean, I wouldn't really go around controlling people and giving them lobotomies if they defy me... but it sure was fun to act that way in the Play! (Cuckoo's Nest). If you think writing about stuff gets you looked at funny in the Piggly Wiggly, then try ACTING a role where you do "intersting" things... People tend to look at you like a bomb about to go off. HA!

Posted by peggy spence at April 11, 2005 10:58 AM

Just got to work to find my VERY OWN copy of gods a-waiting for me! The cover is even more gorgeous in person, and it's going to take all my will power to wait until lunch to crack it open and start reading. AND I saw EW this weekend and am planning to look for Glamour today. Congratulations on everything!

Posted by Aimee at April 11, 2005 11:03 AM

Just a warning to Aimee: If you start "gods..." at lunch, you're going to have a REALLY hard time concentrating on work the rest of the day!

The afternoon I started reading, I didn't go t bed until I'd finished it. And I'm already planning to read it again soon.

And Joss, about the bug thing? Eeeuuuwwww!!!

Posted by DebR at April 11, 2005 12:43 PM

I got the notification TODAY that my book is being shipped!! Wahoooo! Of course I still want a signed copy because I'm greedy... but I haven't ordered one yet because I'm cheap.

You have every right to be proud of your book!! Be proud and loud... or something like that.

Posted by Heather McCutcheon at April 11, 2005 12:45 PM

Actually even worse than half a beetle floating, is discovering the bug...in your mouth! Yep, I haven't been to an UNO restaurant since this happened to me. After a great, and very cheesy dinner, I was completely enjoying my coffee until it got chunky. It was my last sip, I wasn't looking, and it was just a fly, but still. Since then, I do pay a bit more attention to what goes in my mouth.

Posted by pam at April 11, 2005 10:33 PM

I would be horrified I ate the damn bug. This would give me reason now to purchase all my caffeinated beverages at some high- priced yet quirky little coffee shop, where I could also indulge in a really good frosted cookie on occasion.

Posted by Lisa V at April 11, 2005 11:54 PM

Yuo may be interested to know that six copies of your book have arrived at the Chapters in Windsor, Ontario, Canada. They don't know EXACTLY where in the store the books might be - they're not on the shelf, or in "the back", but the computer says they are there, therefore, it must be so. Now I have to go to Chapters and BEG them to look harder. I can't wait!

Posted by Shelley at April 12, 2005 1:08 AM