Comments: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can relate to what you're talking about when it comes to experiencing joy. Sometimes I have a habit of thinking that I want the moment to last forever because at any moment, I could be experiencing extreme sadness. But I gotta stop thinking like that, I know. Because as you think, so goes it. (So one should do the Macarena to their heart's desire!)

Posted by Cherlyn Michaels at April 9, 2005 8:33 AM

Glad the "mental illness preempt" letter helped! Perhaps I was a psychic in a past life -- I need to get myself a crystal ball and hang out a shingle! Always good to have a back-up plan if my novel tanks, hee hee. Check out my new website -- www.katiewillard.com -- it's finally up! Congrats on all the good stuff coming your way -- and -- ahem -- there are no spiders on your face. Enjoy! Katie

Posted by katie willard at April 9, 2005 10:17 AM

Congratulations! So glad it is bringing you joy and more importantly that you are reveling in it and recording it!! Fun for us! Anne

Posted by "Anne" at April 9, 2005 11:44 AM

I have been doing the Macarena ever since I got that e-mail from Amazon saying THE BOOK SHIPPED. I need to call my mother to arrange a day of babysitting next week so I can soak it up in one sitting. I don't imagine myself being able to put it down once I've picked it up.

I've decided you're already my favorite author - and the UPS man hasn't even arrived yet!

Posted by Amanda at April 9, 2005 12:28 PM

WAAAH! My pre-order copy is not here yet! I must be an anti-Canadian thing. And the book is not yet in Chapters yet (our version of B&N) but when it is, I'm sending you a picture of god in Alabama in Canada. Deal? When's the freaking book getting here, dammit!!

Posted by Heather McCutcheon at April 9, 2005 1:16 PM

Your joy is so contagious :)

Posted by lizardek at April 9, 2005 4:27 PM

IT'S HERE IT'S HERE IT'S HERE HOW EARLY CAN I PUT THE KIDS TO BED??? Oh, wait... HERE KIDS, WATCH A MOVIE, MAMA'S GOTTA READ THIS BOOK OKAY THANKS!!!

Posted by Mir at April 9, 2005 5:47 PM

OMGOMGOMG Kevin gets EW and it came in the mail today and YOU'RE IN IT and I KNOW YOU and I'm having myself a tiny EMBOLISM I'm so excited and after I come down from the adrenelin I know I'm going to have myself a good long WEEP because I'm SO. FREAKING. HAPPY FOR YOU. And if my Borders doesn't have you on prominent display when I go looking on Wednesday I may cause a scene. So there.

Posted by Amy at April 9, 2005 9:49 PM

Ok, because you need to know. I mean, I NEED you to know so I can make this happy day even just a little happier. YES. The cover is pictured in Glamour. I will tell you exactly what they say about your brainchild: "a winning blend of Steel Magnolias and Sweet Home Alabama with a whodunit twist". They don't even mention your pedicure!

Posted by Em at April 9, 2005 10:09 PM

Joshilyn, come on! If I was a carniverous spider, I'd certainly not fight over your earlobes. As tasty as they look...I'd go for your lovely neck. MMMMMM! Any carniverous spider who has seen your headshot would agree! Neck is tasty!

EWeekly! No #%$@? If I see you're in People magazine, I will certainly faint dead away! You right next to Camilla and Charles! Wouldn't that be something?

Posted by Waylon at April 9, 2005 11:38 PM

I've got your book! I've got your book! I've got your book! I'm waiting until the perfect time to open it. When is that? As soon we nail on the deck boards to the new deck and I can hop in my lounge chair with a great big drink next to me and the cool breezes blowing and thank God that I don't live in the po-dunk Alabama anymore. I'm actually afraid to open it because I know once I start I just won't be able to stop and then the deck won't be finished for another week.

Posted by Debra at April 10, 2005 8:01 AM

Walking through the bookstore and seeing YOUR book there. If you hadn't burst into tears, I would have wondered if you were even human.

Now, I know...you are human, and insane, and brillantly talented.

wonderful!