Comments: Sometimes You Get Tulips, Sometimes You Get George

I want a George! That sounds like a marvelous shopping trip. And a wonderful return to a place that let you get your brain together. I wish there were more places where you could get a "do-over" button. Good on you for giving back to them!

And I keep not seeing Texas or Oklahoma on the tour list... grrrrrrr

Posted by Beth at April 7, 2005 9:57 AM

I SO hope your feet will be seen on TV. Because those shoes are MAHVELOUS, dahling.

Posted by Amy at April 7, 2005 11:02 AM

Hi Joshilyn,

Just wanted to let you know that Gods arrived at the bookstore this week and I handsold my first copy to a customer yesterday. Many more to follow. Really looking forward to meeting you here in May at your reading. Congratulations, and let the games begin!

Robert Gray
Northshire Bookstore
Manchester, VT
& Fresh Eyes: A Bookseller's Journal

Posted by Robert Gray at April 7, 2005 11:06 AM

My copy of Gods shipped yesterday!!!

ps your shoes are pretty

Posted by Aimee at April 7, 2005 11:19 AM

I'm a loyal lurker (found you through Mir) who is usually MUCH too SHY to comment, but I had to share: my copy of gods shipped from amazon today too. Hooray! You dont know me from Adam, but I am ridiculously excited that a book by someone I almost, kinda, sorta know is winging its way (or travelling by truck, or WHATEVER) to me. I am planning to read it on a plane next week and scare all the other passengers with my giggling.

Posted by Corrie at April 7, 2005 11:49 AM

Joss, when are the Alabama Booksmith copies shipping out? xxoo

Posted by Martha O'Connor at April 7, 2005 1:23 PM

Joss, when are the signed copies from Alabama Booksmith shipping out? xxoo

Posted by Martha O'Connor at April 7, 2005 1:24 PM

Whoops, there's an echo in here. Sorry for the double post... {{blush}}

Posted by Martha O'Connor at April 7, 2005 1:24 PM

LOVE the shoes. Any girl would be confident wearing those shoes, regardless what else she was (or wasn't) wearing! You'll do great.

Posted by Katrina Stonoff at April 7, 2005 1:32 PM

*snort* Ha! Likely story, Martha. So Joss, when are those signed copies from Alabama Booksmith shipping out? *snicker* Oh, and hey, shoes with a halo! Nice! ;-)

Posted by David at April 7, 2005 1:37 PM

Ohhhh. Pretty shoes. VERY pretty shoes. Make sure you mention them when you're on TV, so they'll point the camera at your feet.

Posted by Shelley at April 7, 2005 1:49 PM

I didn't realize you were going to be at Georgia Perimeter College...it's right down the street from where I live...Sorry to have missed you. I hope you visited The Mall of Georgia for those shoes!!!

Posted by Karen at April 7, 2005 4:37 PM

Big news in blogland today, baby! Come over and visit, it's going to ROCK!

Posted by The Happy Booker at April 8, 2005 1:54 PM

'Scuze me for being off topic but please turn to page 204 of your newest Glamour magazine. I'll wait...

There you are!! Bottom right corner! You are and I quote "bubble bath for the brain". Sounds nice.

Posted by Em at April 8, 2005 5:37 PM

And sometimes you don't get tulips or George and you wish you were that woman who wrote the book you just read, but that woman can't be you because she gets things like Tulips and George, just like Rob and Amber on The Amazing Race, and it's just so unfair. But you can't totally hate her and then you wonder if this is how Arlene felt when she'd been hit on the head by a Jeep...Instead your stuck with a Bacardi Silver, a breakout at the age of 33-plus (thank you Aunt Flo) and too many home improvment shows....

Shall we guess at mental illness numbers? Let's not. Yet, I must say that I thoroughly loved gods and that I even immediately went back and read parts, because it was just so good and I wanted to re-read earlier parts with the knowledge from the end parts. ;) (I swear, even though this comemnt may sound like it, I won't start stalking you.)

Posted by Linda Sherwood at April 8, 2005 6:17 PM

My copy of gods has shipped and so I LOVE YOU but now your shoes are prettier than mine and I HATE YOU (but really, only a teeny bit).

It is very difficult being me.

Posted by Mir at April 8, 2005 10:53 PM

And there you are on page 89 of Entertainment Weekly! Congrats bunches.

Posted by Dara at April 9, 2005 1:52 AM