Comments: Yes, I am Spoiled (now with a HOLY CRAP addendum)

You know I've tried to explain the whole movie screen in the head thing before, and been stared at like an alien. Some people don't have the movie screen! It's like they're broken.

Posted by Bonnie Ann at April 1, 2005 11:52 AM

Does she sound like you? Because your voice is what I hear in my head when I read Arlene. I can't wait to listen to it! Less than two weeks! *squealing like a little girl*

Posted by Amy at April 1, 2005 1:32 PM

Dang! You had me all hot and bothered, but I just checked Amazon, and my copy's not scheduled to ship until April 14.

How the heck did your (other) Faithful Reader get so lucky??!!

Oh, well. I guess it's a heads-up to finish Elizabeth Buchan, so my plate'll be empty.

Posted by Katrina Stonoff at April 1, 2005 2:05 PM

Ok, that Holy Crap Addendum really got my hopes up. But no. No copy of "gods" on the way to Kentucky yet. Sigh.

It's ok. I don't mind being sad. :-D

Posted by DebR at April 1, 2005 4:07 PM

I just got a call from my local bookseller, The Raven, in Lawrence, Kansas and MY COPY OF "GODS IN ALABAMA", WHICH I JUST ORDERED ON WEDNESDAY, IS ALREADY THERE! Yes! It's in the store and waiting for me! Unfortunately, I have to wait until Monday, since I don't work again until Monday and that's where I work (Lawrence). But still. I have my copy practically in my hand. BEFORE IT GETS TO BORDERS. Borders is down the block from The Raven and yet The Raven perseveres. AND THEY GOT ME MY COPY REALLY FAST! I love them. I am SO ready to read this book. It's good, right?

Leslie, in Hiawatha

Posted by Leslie Noo at April 1, 2005 5:03 PM

Wait, is the book out now?? josh, email me so we can talk ipod talk and have a good cyber toast! Wendi

Posted by The Happy Booker at April 1, 2005 5:34 PM

I spoke too soon. Got a ship notice this evening. YES!

Posted by DebR at April 1, 2005 10:24 PM

OMG LESLIE! I live in Lenexa! I'm only half an hour from Lawrence! Where is the Raven and how do I get there?!

Posted by Amy at April 1, 2005 10:58 PM

Books are in Corte Madera, CA... and looking fabulous... xxoo

Posted by Martha O'Connor at April 2, 2005 1:36 AM

Okay, tell me honestly: Does it make me a bad mother that "When Gifted Kids Don't Have All the Answers: How to Meet Their Social and Emotional Needs" shipped but "gods" has not, yet, and I'm PISSED???

Posted by Mir at April 2, 2005 10:33 AM

Mine shipped today, yay!

Posted by KarenB at April 3, 2005 6:35 PM

Mine's waiting for me at my indy bookstore. I'm going to get it tomorrow unless I break down and skip work today. ;)

Posted by Linda Sherwood at April 4, 2005 9:05 AM