Comments: Illustrated Chitter-Chat

Maisy Who is Three is just too cute to be real! And is that really, really the boy who just turned his legs into hamburger this weekend?

I'm sorry, you haven't lived in the new house long enough to have Jimmy Hoffa behind your desk. You have to be there at least a couple more years first!

WHEN oh WHEN are you coming out to this area? (OK, TX, KS)

Posted by Beth at March 29, 2005 5:33 PM

So, who did you have to pay off to get the world's cutest children pic?

Posted by Christina at March 29, 2005 5:34 PM

I dunno, Joss, I think perhaps the 40 pounds of mucus have had an impact on your picture taking ability. Because this picture--while lovely and all--simply cannot compete with Maisy as Rapunzel in the bay window, or Sam as the crazed crack monkey on the Child Finder card. I'm sorry, but I can't lie to you. I do still love you, though.

Posted by Mir at March 29, 2005 7:07 PM

1. I finished "Drive Like Hell" a couple of hours ago and I loved it except that I thought there should be MORE of it. I got to the end and sat there saying "but...but...but....what happens NEXT?" I suppose that's a Good Thing. Always leave 'em wanting more, yes? It was a fabulous and amazing prize, Joss. :-)

2. Those grits sound yummy.

3. The ninja turtle sword looks cool. I hope you kept that on your desk because you never know when you'll need one of those.

4. Did Maisy love her African-American Borg Queen Barbie Birthday cake?

5. Wear a yummy COLOR on TV. You'll look dazzling, snot-filled head and all.

Posted by DebR at March 30, 2005 12:21 AM

You need some of my "recipe". It WILL clear up that snot filled head. My family has been using it for years...and it works...but you can't drive while using it. The police frown on that.
It goes good with grits, too!

Posted by Debby at March 30, 2005 7:00 AM

Who signed the permission slip for Maisy to be so fantastically gorgeous, that's what I want to know. Sam better start flexing his protective big-brother muscles now...

I am southern. I AM. And grits are nasty in any form.

Posted by Amy at March 30, 2005 9:05 AM

You crack me right up. I think it would be awfully difficult to do an interview on tv if you leave your head behind....and I don't think a picture of your neck stump would look very fetching on your NEXT book!! ;-)

Your children are gorgeous. :-) I like the fact that Maisy has a cute basket and Sam's using the basic grocery store bag. hee hee

Posted by carrster at March 30, 2005 10:25 AM

My guess is that you're headed to Highlands or Bottega. And if so, I will vouch for you on the grits. Does Frank's new cookbook have the recipe? I must run upstairs and see. As if either of us would have time to fix such a marvelous moist tower of grits! Tho I did have time to be a super model recently. You can check THAT out at the tiny kingdom!! (Glamore Gal, then The Glamorous Life!!) (If you do it backwards you miss the foreshadowing, and that would be a shame!)

Have Loved your site. Hope to see you at Ala booksmith!

Anne