Comments: Virtual and Virtuous

*amused look* I remember when you first expounded on the blissful joys of ARC huffing. But it pales to insignificance next to a snoot full of the REAL THING. And Hard Cover books are so much more fun to fondle. (and don't tell me you haven't, cause I know better) *big ol grin*

Posted by David at March 22, 2005 8:23 AM

I am so excited about the Vermont stop. Northshire was my summer vacation bookstore. It is the coolest store and town. Be sure to stop in/eat at the Jelly Mill. I've already blocked it out on my calender. I can't wait to meet you and get a book.

Posted by Carol at March 22, 2005 8:39 AM

I am doing some of my own snuffling and weeping because I am so very happy for you. What an amazing thing it is to have such a dream come true. Congratulations, Tulip!

Posted by Amy at March 22, 2005 10:23 AM

AGH! You ARE coming to a bookstore near me! Cool Cool cool! I will so be there. Because of you I have been revamping my children's book that I wrote and filed because I thought it wasn't good enough and that I wasn't the author type. But, YOU! You are a lot like me and if you can do it, then so can I.

Posted by Karry at March 22, 2005 10:27 AM

You are NOT coming to a bookstore near me because I live in CANADA, which is not south. But, need I remind you, I scored something like 167% Dixie on that test you mentioned. So I'm the south in Canada. And I want a signed copy, but I already bought my advanced copy... so I'm going to have to carry your book around until the day my stalking finally pays off... I mean until we one day meet at some writer/author/novelist thing.

Posted by Heather McCutcheon at March 22, 2005 10:39 AM

She's coming she's coming she's coming!!!! I've taken the day off work and if anyone is anywhere NEAR Raleigh or would like to be for THAT day, they can email me and we can see if we can all get together and inundate the indy that is lucky enough to host HER and btw, have you been to Brit lately? It's been taken over and you can't go anymore you will DYE DYE DYE Pluffy, and (yes she knows what I'm talking about)....

anyway...She's coming She's coming!!! I've taken the day off work, got a sitter for the boo, and will be there, all day, and we can do lunch, and go shopping, and maybe I'll let you go back and sign a book or two, but honestly, it's all about you coming here to see ME!!!! Grins.

Congrats dear. Can't wait to see you.

Posted by Gabi at March 22, 2005 1:57 PM

If you ever end up in a bookstore or whatever in Connecticut, let me know...and I'll put on the snowshoes (even in summer) to come get my signed book from you.

congrats!
dee

Posted by dee at March 22, 2005 4:06 PM

Fine, then I'll berate you IN COMMENTS for not ocming anywhere near Seattle. And I'll use ALL CAPS TO BOOT.

Posted by The Zero Boss at March 22, 2005 4:59 PM

You are going right near where we used to live, but nowhere near where we now live, which just goes to show ... well, I'm not sure what, but it shows something.

Posted by Jensgalore at March 22, 2005 6:30 PM

You are NOT going to finish the sock story. I DON'T BELIEVE YOU.
*glares sourly*

Posted by Kira at March 23, 2005 1:41 AM

I know exactly what you mean about the SMELL. When I got the first copy of my book in my hot little hands, I just clutched it and smelled it and WEPT. And see, your ALL CAPS thing is contagious. Can't wait to smell gods in Alabama. Even though you're not coming to Canada to sign it in person.

Posted by Shelley at March 23, 2005 2:19 AM

Isn't Medium awesome? We are all addicted to it at my library. My son thinks I'm psychic...but it is not hard to know his every move, when all his friends blog their every thought. xD
Also, I hope your friend appreciates you (JD and Godiva!), All I get is a Sam's bottled water and a Hersheys kiss!!!

Posted by Debby at March 23, 2005 8:50 AM