Comments: TOUR! And Baby's First Signing

Coming out of lurkdom to let you know how very much I've been enjoying reading your site for a few months now. Being born and raised in Gainesville, GA (now living in northern California), your 'voice' sounds so familiar to me. Can't wait to read the book!

p.s. - That's one helluva detour to Alaska you're taking in between signings in Birmingham, AL and Jackson, MS ;)

Posted by Cathy at March 19, 2005 11:11 AM

You forgot to schedule the book signing AT MY OFFICE (what? we have books there!) and therefore I am WITHHOLDING JUDGEMENT about whether or not you are on the road to BUTTHOLEDOM.

Will there be a New England section of this trip? We haved a lovely little bookstore in Milford called the Toadstool where they often have authors come and be pretty, and I think if your publicist hasn't looked into having you there you should fire him/her immediately. Cuz if you came to the Toadstool? I would be there in a heartbeat with every person I know. And I would only scream "HI JOSHILYN!!!!" from the back a couple of times, I swear.

Posted by Mir at March 19, 2005 11:19 AM

I've bought books at The Book Mark in Atlantic Beach, FL. I LOVED that bookstore! Anyway, my brother and his family live in Jacksonville, and his wife is a book hound. So . . . that's at least 3 people that I can send your way. I'll tell Tim and Sarah to grab some friends and bring them along.

Posted by Dana at March 19, 2005 12:17 PM

*marks May 7th on the calendar*

Posted by AGK at March 19, 2005 1:23 PM

Um, hello? California??!?!? What are we, chopped liver?

Posted by Amanda at March 19, 2005 4:57 PM

What about Texas/OK/Kansas/southern Missouri??? I'm thinking you don't love us anymore!! ;-(

Hope you'll be in the area down here!

Posted by Beth at March 20, 2005 12:34 AM

Did you know there are stores in Cincinnati, OH, and Lexington, KY, where people buy books? There are! Really! Hope to see you signing some in one of them someday. :-)

(If Ohio and Kentucky DO get added to your tour and you have a say in where you go, push for Joseph-Beth in Lexington. If they had showers and beds, there'd really be no reason to ever leave that store.)

Posted by DebR at March 20, 2005 9:17 AM

If you can't come to Canada, I'd settle for Dee-troit. Pretty please?

Posted by Shelley at March 20, 2005 11:36 AM

Midwest...?? Anyone, anyone? Granted I live on the TUNDRA (Duluth) but hey, we read here 'cause it's cold more than half the year!

Posted by carrster at March 21, 2005 11:55 AM

Joshilyn - Just wanted to tell you that I was at the Nashville book fair, as I work for the book distributor. Though I was not lucky enough to attend the luncheon, I did meet you at the booth. I must say that you are the friendliest, kindest author I've had the pleasure to meet at all of our book fairs.

I just finished Gods In Alabama, and I LOVED it. I'm recommending it to everyone I know. I'm a sucker for a darkly funny Southern tale, and yours continually surprised & entertained me throughout. Having been born & bred in a small town, there were so many characters that I recognized from my own family life. I can't tell you how hard I laughed at Burr's response to Arlene's Mama's comments that he "speaks so well."

I have just learned that you are a Joyce Carol Oates worshiper as well, and that's really the icing on the cake. Love her! Genius!

Thanks for sharing your story with us and for being so great to your fans. I know that your fan base will increase tremendously now that your book is getting more and more exposure.

I wish you all the best, and I anxiously await your next book. ~Hope to see you in Nashville again soon.~

Posted by Leah at March 21, 2005 9:04 PM

You were the buzz at the Nashville Book Fair-and I was at the tail end of the long line to get a book signed...can't wait to get it.
You go girl!

Posted by Debby at March 22, 2005 6:45 AM

WTH??!?!!?!?!?

I am looking VERY carefully at your tour itinerary, and I have yet to see a stop in Las Vegas on it. In fact, I do not see anywhere ever NEAR Las VEgas, or even basically out West at all. Is this huge gaping hole in the tour on purpose? Is this indicative of the level of love you FAIL to bear for us? Or is this merely an oversight...a missing page you forgot to put up..something along those lines? Surely you can't have forgotten ALL of us? *sniffle*

Posted by hiai at March 22, 2005 6:38 PM

Geesh! I can't believe I missed this one. Joshilyn, I'm really looking forward to meeting you when you come to Nashville again to do the signing. As for the book...I'm impatiently waiting until you get here. I can't wait to read it!

Posted by JerriLynn at March 23, 2005 4:46 PM