Comments: Fat Dog / Hot Dog (Rated PG 13)

LMAO Jos, I had a dog like that. And like most men, they never grow out of the need to find the next thing to hump.

Posted by Heather McCutcheon at March 16, 2005 11:05 AM

Personally, I would put the talk about "gods" between the quavering introduction and the vomiting. Because if you put it after, you have to do the talking thing with icky shoes and that's just never a Good Thing.

Don't worry, I'm sure your hair will look pretty, and that's what counts. :-)

Posted by DebR at March 16, 2005 11:08 AM

definitely include the dog-humping story. ha. I have the same problems with public speaking and being an actor. Sheesh. Give me someone else to be and I'm FINE in front of a thousand people, but if it's just me...yikes. Maybe it's time for an alter ego...?

Posted by carrster at March 16, 2005 11:11 AM

Oh yeah...and I no longer BELIEVE you will ever finish the Sock Story, EVER.

Maybe those of us who read Kudzu should finish it FOR you. I bet we could think up lots of interesting ways for the Sock Story to end.

It's either that or spend the next week in a swamp of disillusionmentand betrayal as the long-awaited story ending never comes.

Maybe we coud introduce the puppy to the socks. They WERE pink and fuzzy, as I recall.

Posted by DebR at March 16, 2005 11:14 AM

I'm with DebR. I think the rest of the sock story is a complete fabrication to keep us all coming back. Jos, if there is no more sock story, just take the first step and ADMIT IT. We'll all be here for you!

Posted by Amy at March 16, 2005 12:01 PM

I used ot act and it is SOOOO different that Public SPeaking. I am with ya.

Posted by Heather at March 16, 2005 12:37 PM

invent a new character to be "Whizz-o Author Lady" and BE THAT while speaking. I am an actor, so I know how to do these things. Include just enough Joshilyn to carry the role, and you will be fine. Include the puppy story as an example of your public speaking jitters. It will get a laugh, and that will relax you.

Read a page or two of the book - it'll be familiar territory, and the puppy story will warm them up to your Personal Style and you'll get more laughs. You will then be a rousing success. Self Deprecation and humor - can't beat the combo.

I want that book.

Posted by peggy spence at March 16, 2005 1:01 PM

Rocky would like to be very fat I am telling you. I am only slightly mentally ill on that topic.

Posted by julie at March 16, 2005 1:23 PM

Hi, I stumbled upon your journal quite by accident (I think I linked from someone else's journal), but wanted you to wish you the best of luck with your book. I love to read and look forward to reading your novel. Karen

Posted by Karen at March 16, 2005 5:12 PM

Don't forget to pull Ramona out of your closet for the talk -- she should be able to get you through without destroying a pair of lovely shoes!

Posted by Beth at March 16, 2005 6:32 PM

I have a female dog, and she humps a pillow...kind of between the legs deal...and she's fixed! That can't be normal, can it?

Anyway, if you get stuck on your talk, do what I used to do when I had public speaking, I asked questions of the group, and let them talk! It works!

Start off with...as anyone here been in Alabama?
Did you meet any gods with a small g there?

have fun,