Comments: The Salad Trolls

Oh, Joshilyn. I feel your pain. I, too, was/am a persnickety sandwich maker/eater. In fact, I've been snickered at numerous times for my tendency to butter my toast evenly to the very last square millimeter.(uh, okay, so maybe anal would be a more accurate label) I think you demonstrated nearly angelic restraint and poise. I would have been sorely tempted to do something horribly politically incorrect and quite probably prosecutable. Like sweeping around the counter, dragging said employee up to their post and then demonstrating by actual example, what was required to build a decent sandwich, all the time railing at said person about the possibility that if they did not, nor ever would possess the meager skills necessary to perform said manually dexterous activities, that they might want to investigate the employment opportunities for live statues. Um, not that I have real strong feeling about food preparation or anything. *heh*

Posted by David at March 3, 2005 8:46 AM

This is hilarious! Not that I'm laughing at your tragic separation from sandwich. But the telling is amazing!

Question: You were allowed to have Simon in your hair at Taco Bell?

Posted by Katie at March 3, 2005 11:07 AM

Hmmm...could you perhaps go to a different Subway? One with less buttocky-handed sandwich "artists?" Just a thought....

Posted by carrster at March 3, 2005 1:22 PM

OMG no no! Any taco bell that would ALLOW me to cook with a rat on my head should be sacked by huns. I was just saying, HYPOTHETICALLY, that IF I had been working at a Taco Bell in college (which I did not, I worked for a little non-chain take-out place making shrimp salad sandwiches with EVENLY DISTRUBUTED SPROUTS) and IF I had taken Simon to work (which I never did) and freaked out the customers, I STILL would have made a tasty burrito with evenly distributed cheese. I am editing the entry a little to fix that...

Posted by joshilyn at March 3, 2005 2:23 PM

I'm printing this out (right now) and I'm sending it to the Sub Store management. They need to know! This is my sandwich shop, too! Blech!

Posted by Dana at March 3, 2005 5:56 PM

I can't stop laughing at Salad Sandwich brain cap. Go you for pulling that bad boy off.

Posted by Laura at March 4, 2005 3:50 PM

Ok, I get it. Even distribution is an excellent quality in sandwich making but not so much in story-telling where blobby emphatic squirts of embellishment are MUCH more appetizing!

Despite my confusion at Simon's presence in Taco Bell and your Morgana goth years employment history, I LOVED reading this. It is HILARIOUS.

Posted by Katie at March 4, 2005 4:18 PM

Hold the phone. Am I to understand that YOU, o hater of plague-infested mice, once allowed a RAT to make nests IN YOUR HAIR? Eeeeeeeeeeeewww!!!

And that's all I have to say about THAT.

Posted by Amy at March 4, 2005 7:01 PM