Comments: Me Talk Ugly Some Days

But...but...but....you mean those of us who are ARCless peons have to wait until mid-April to know what the "sending you to hell" line is?? Aaaarrrggghhh!

I have two words for you, Joshilyn.
Pony Hole.

Posted by DebR at February 21, 2005 10:42 PM

What an unbelievably unfair TEASER!!! Shame!

Posted by Dana at February 21, 2005 11:46 PM

Oh, Joss. You are a MUCH better mother than I could ever hope to be. Since we knew it would be PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE for us to REFORM our language, Phil & I have agreed to get charged 25 cents per swearword. It's actually quite a moneymaker for the kids...

I live in terror that I'll get a call from school that one of my kids has been giving vocabulary lessons.

Page 138, eh... When I get your book, I'm gonna skip right ahead to the good part. :o) xxo

Posted by Martha O'Connor at February 22, 2005 1:16 AM

DOH! I meant the first NASTY part... SINCE THE WHOLE GOLDURN BOOK ROCKS.

Posted by Martha O'Connor at February 22, 2005 1:17 AM

DebR -- Oh, (muffled). *laughing with glee*
You know what, Joshilyn, I know a guy who issued almost THAT VERY STATEMENT in retort to a complaint from a fellow who, upon seeing his out of state license plate, accused him of coming there to hunt and kill all their animals. (Okay, now they're REALLY curious, huh.)*tee-hee, snicker, snicker*

Posted by David at February 22, 2005 7:33 AM

DISCLAIMER: David got an ARC off e-bay so DO NOT SPANK ME, I am not passing them around to friends-who-are-not-you...

BUT Disclaimer aside, I would like to point out that David mailed his ARC to me for signing so he could not LOOK at page 138, and yet he knew EXACTLY what line I meant. HA!

Posted by joshilyn at February 22, 2005 7:51 AM

This is why I shouldn't do much until after morning coffee . . . when you said get ready for "the two words after the colon", I still had the "Butt Chuck" image in my head. For a moment there, I said to myself: "What comes after the colon. Hmmm, isn't it small intestine, then large intestine, then colon, then outta there? OH, OH, she means colon as in ":", punctuation mark." Maybe I need two cups of coffee today.

Posted by KarenB at February 22, 2005 9:08 AM