Comments: In Which God Calls for a Moratorium re: Blogging Texas

Can't argue with Nick Rhodes, honestly. You look really good in the photo; you don't need to tell anyone that you were high on cows ;-)

I'm sorry you and Scott got the evil sick. Although I will carry the giggle of "I'm sorry the baby puked on your head..." with me until my dying days!

Get better and no seizures for either of you! Maizy scared us all enough. I don't know if we'd survive that again.

Posted by Kestralyn at January 27, 2005 3:08 PM

Oh, Nick, absolutely. NO question. Except your hair's not pink, but tomorrow is another day!

Posted by Shelley at January 27, 2005 4:28 PM

OOhh.. icky sicky. (((HUGS)))

Posted by Heather at January 27, 2005 4:37 PM

Woozy with cattle fumes sounds preferable to a hat of baby barf, so I guess everything is relative....

Posted by Mir at January 27, 2005 5:12 PM

I'm sorry you've got it too. I hope little Maisy is feeling better. My hubby and daughter had a stomach virus last week,I haven't got it yet(knock on wood).

Posted by carolyn at January 27, 2005 6:25 PM

How can you be that sick and keep your sense of humor? You've got me peeing my pants again! Not that that's hard to do, these days...Oh, and yes, Nick, definitely. And I always thought he was the cute one, so that's a good thing.

Posted by Amy at January 27, 2005 6:28 PM

Now see, Scott, this is why you're not supposed to hold babies up high enough for them to puke on your head. Ask Joshilyn. She knows. That's why SHE just got it all down her front. Of course, she still got sick anyway, BUT, I'm just saying.

I hope y'all get well soon.

Posted by David at January 27, 2005 7:12 PM

Warm ginger ale greetings to both you and Mr. Hubby. Having had a similar virus just a month ago, I can relate to how you are feeling. Shooting yourself in the head is something that helps...at least it did me. (only kidding, instead I OD on warm ginger ale until I turned into a gaseous puff ball of bad burps).

As to the Cadillac Ranch, at first I thought you were talking about a whore house, and imagine my surprise to find out you mean a metallic Stonehedge. Bet it was a guy who came up with the idea of burying cadillacs "nose down, butts in air"...

feel better soon.
hugs,
dee

Posted by dee at January 27, 2005 7:52 PM

OK, for those who are wondering how on earth you can get a baby to puke on your head, here's the gory details.

With the baby so sick we weren't about to let the baby sleep unattended, so we parked her in bed with us. She was sleeping between us in bed and I had dozed off. Aparantly she became ill again and sat up in bed.

I heard a plaintive cry of "Daddy" and opened my eyes just in time to be inundated with plague. It was not the high point of my week.

Posted by Mr. Husband at January 28, 2005 2:43 AM

I'm sick too, but not the pukey kind, thank goodness. Hope you all recover soon.

And while I agree with Nick, I see some shades of John as well... ;)

Posted by ViVi at January 28, 2005 6:11 AM

Hope today brought in fresh air and that everyone is feeling better. Watch out for low flying puke. Am bundeling up in NC cause the weather is looking a little frigid and icy. Sending good vibes your way.

Posted by Gabs at January 28, 2005 12:07 PM

ahhh...i'm sick too! I feel so sorry for us!

Posted by Suzanne at January 28, 2005 3:03 PM

Jos, I love your website. You are so pretty!!
love, Aunt Susie
PS Anxiously awaitingyour book!!!

Posted by susie minor at January 28, 2005 4:28 PM

Wow, you were in my neck of the woods. Just a little F.Y.I. on the Cadillac Ranch. It was a project done by an eccentric rich guy out here. He has done a lot of "art" projects around the area included diamond shaped signs with words, images etc. all over town in people's yards. Here's some links on him.

Although I've lived here for 29 years, I'd never been to the Cadillac ranch until this past spring. At yes, it is a bit disgusting. A friend of mine who's kind of obsessed with it wrote a blog about the cows when he went out there to take pictures. You can check it out at http://pgoodman13.blogspot.com/2005/01/moo-dammit.html

Posted by Annabel at January 31, 2005 2:42 PM