Comments: In Which Everything is JUST FINE

Oh, how horrible!! I'm so glad sweet little Maisy is alright. I know they're common, I know they're relatively harmless, but what a horrible adreneline rush for you today!

Please give her lots of hugs from all of us -- if you can squeeze them in between the ones from you.

Posted by Kestralyn at January 26, 2005 5:34 PM

OMG! Just wanted to see what you were up to lately, and read this about poor Maisy and poor YOU! How scary! I'm glad she's fine. Hope you both get some rest now. Take care!

Posted by Beth Again at January 26, 2005 5:36 PM

Oh, oh, oh.
Oh, honey.
Oh.

Posted by Kira at January 26, 2005 5:51 PM

That must have been horribly terrifying to see! I think I would have croaked! so glad everything is ok now! whew!

Posted by Suzanne at January 26, 2005 5:52 PM

Don't know what to say, except I'm so glad she is fine now. That is scary...remember to breathe!

extra hugs to Maisy and you...
take care,
dee

Posted by dee at January 26, 2005 5:53 PM

That is so hard, and sometimes it just takes forever to forget that they're fine. They're fine while you still have them in the emergency room, their heads turning around backwards, your heart not beating, and the world sucking you down like it's just developed permanent sinkhole.

Hang in there.

Posted by Terry at January 26, 2005 6:09 PM

Oh, my. How can something so "common and harmless" have such an awful sounding name? Glad Miss Maisy's okay now, though. Goodness.

Posted by David at January 26, 2005 6:45 PM

Bless her little heart. I'm glad she's back to being Chirpy. That's some crazy stuff to go through. I'm guessing they put her through all the brain studies at the ER? Poor Mom!

Posted by Debra at January 26, 2005 8:27 PM

Quote of the week:

"Oh honey, I'm sorry the baby threw up on your head."

Yeah, it's been that kinda day. Just happy everyone is home and safe right now.

Posted by Mr. Husband at January 26, 2005 8:46 PM

What a horrifying thing to see. Of course your mind went to the worst possible scenario. Our babies shouldn't do things THAT scary for goodness sake!

I'm glad she is ok. Have a drink (or 10). Give Maisy a swig of Motrin and vow to take her temp every hour for the rest of her life, never letting it get above 99.0. You know you want to.

Posted by Em at January 26, 2005 9:04 PM

Ooh wow that is scary. Glad to read she's okay after something like that. wow scary. take care, best wishes and good sleep guys.

Posted by Klint at January 26, 2005 9:04 PM

oooohhhhh,Tulip. I'm so sorry! I wish I could give you a big hug - I'm sending you one mentally right now. I'm so glad she's ok! Poor baby! Poor you! I'd be thinking about letting her sleep in my bed - until she goes to college! Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers - lots of love to everybody!!

Posted by Amy at January 26, 2005 9:11 PM

Oh. My. Goodness.

Talk about scary. (((((((HUGS))))))

Posted by Heather at January 26, 2005 10:23 PM

A friend of mine's son had a high fever in the AM, then recouped well in the PM. They were at the park swinging and he had a seizure from the fever reducing too quick. Scary stuff, but good to know it was an isolated thing. PRayers for you and the family.

Posted by Tish at January 26, 2005 11:05 PM

Holy crap... thank God everything is fine. (((hugs)))

Posted by Mary Jo at January 27, 2005 12:03 AM

Oh, honey, I am SO sorry!

I know febrile seizures are supposed to be non-threatening...but only to the child! They are hell on earth for parents!

I'm sure that somewhere there's a list of "side effects and complications of infantile febrile seizures" that includes parental asphyxia, angina and loss of consciousness.

Hugs...

Posted by Katrina at January 27, 2005 12:52 AM

It's the most terrifying thing in the world, ain't it? It's been eight years, but I swear, that vision just STICKS, and I still get all freaky if she has even a hint of a fever. Aged me ten years, it did.

Posted by Shelley at January 27, 2005 1:28 AM

I may have to blog about this. I remember the day when Kim was eating breakfast at Children's in Seattle. She had just been to the Neurology department so they could examine Luka for a possible seizure disorder. She she was in the middle of eating, he had three seizures back-to-back. She called me terrified and in tears.

Watching your child seize up is double-plus unfun. I feel for you, and I'm glad to hear it was simply a febrile seizure. Deep breaths, mama...

Posted by The Zero Boss at January 27, 2005 2:00 AM

Jebus. I can't imagine what you were going through. I'm sending you happy calming vibes from across the ocean...

Posted by ViVi at January 27, 2005 4:36 AM

Yikes, how awful. :( I'm glad to hear she's okay. This parenting thing is HARD.

Posted by lizardek at January 27, 2005 4:53 AM

I've heard about febrile seizures before, but luckily haven't seen one in person. Glad Maisy's ok!

Posted by KarenB at January 27, 2005 5:22 AM

Oh my gosh, how horrifying. I'm so glad she's OK.

Posted by Jensgalore at January 27, 2005 6:48 AM

OMG, I hope I never have to experience this. Glad to hear Miss M is doing better now, that makes one of you. It's a shame that horrible things like that put everything into perspective, isn't it? Do you think when Miss M is 100% better you can ground her for putting you through such an ordeal?

Posted by Peek at January 27, 2005 8:31 AM

Oh my...I'm so glad Maisy is okay.

Posted by Aimee at January 27, 2005 10:54 AM

Oh, sweetie. I'm glad everyone is okay... hopefully the ER doc gave YOU some VALIUM.

Posted by Mir at January 27, 2005 11:19 AM

(((HUGS))) Too scary...

Posted by *AGK* at January 27, 2005 11:47 AM

Joss, very sorry to hear this, so glad she's ok! This makes me feel horrendously lucky that I only got puked on at 4 am this morning and it wasn't something else. I'll keep you guys in my thoughts and prayers.

Posted by Heather McCutcheon at January 27, 2005 12:48 PM

I was out of town yesterday so I only read this just now. I'm so sorry - you must have been terrified. But she's okay!! Hooray!!! May this be the worst scare you ever have with either of your children.
Judith

Posted by Judith at January 27, 2005 1:20 PM

Hugs to you and Maisywaisy. Hope she's better today and hope you guys are doing better to. I was just wondering though...how did "the husband we all wished we had" wind up with puke on his head darling? Hugs to you both. I'm making chicken soup, want me to bring some down?

Hugs,