Comments: TIRED LADY YACKING

But you are OUR monstrous dork. :)

Posted by Mir at January 23, 2005 10:50 AM

Congratulations on Spain buying! (I always feel creepy leaving a first post when I've been lurking.) I lived in Spain in college and one thing that stands out in my mind from their bookstores and movie theaters is that they seemed to take their titles very seriously. They'd either be waaaaay to literal (i.e., when I was there, the Austin Powers movie The Spy Who Shagged Me was out and it was translated to The Spy Who F-worded Me, yikes, imagine your children seeing that on a billboard) or they'd just get crazy with making it something totally unexpected...your new title may translate to something like Reminder of Our Ephemeral, Earthly Presence in a Land Whose Climate is Temperate.

Posted by Sarah at January 23, 2005 11:10 AM

Time I came out of the lurker closet too. I've been reading for awhile. I love your blog. I want to be you! Well, actually, I want to be me but with your fabulous life and boots.

Speaking of boots, I cried a little myself for your lost Italian leather cat boots. I hope you were able to find a good home for them.

I bought a pair of sandals last summer in Italy. Three skinny rhine-stoney straps. Two of them are what you'd expect, but the third (the one at the ankle) is only attached on one end and is wired. You wrap it around your ankle, going up your leg. The end of it is a little silver snake head.

I would cry to lose them. So I guess I won't be having any more babies.

Posted by Katrina at January 23, 2005 11:39 AM

Congrats! Now you are truly an international author!!!

Btw, I thought I was the only one who drooled on the pillow when I went into a coma-sleep! Nice to know we have something in common, just wish it would have been your talent! LOL

take care,
dee

Posted by dee at January 23, 2005 11:51 AM

Heck. I am excited too. I tell hubby I live vicariously through you. Do you have a pic of these boots?

I am still up for the assistant job if ya need me. *snicker*

Posted by Heather at January 23, 2005 12:01 PM

I went to Madrid once too! And was CHASED through my hotel by a group of teenage boys who were screaming unintelligible things at me and scared the willies out of me! Until LATER, when I found out that they weren't interested in robbing or harming me, but only wanted to pet my HAIR, which I guess is kind of a weird color, for Spain. So, maybe suggest that Lena's hair be strawberry blonde, on the Spanish cover. They'll fly off the shelves!
Congratulations on the international sale!!

Posted by Amy at January 23, 2005 6:11 PM

Joss!
I do so much enjoy your Blog pages. Also congrats on the Spain Deal. A super way to start a day, I might add.
I am awaiting the DEBUT of your book. So proud of you! aunt mern
Loved the COLOR picture!!!!

Posted by Aunt Mern at January 29, 2005 11:38 AM