Comments: A Rose By Any Other Name Would Still Freakin Bug Me

I actually arrived here from Mr. Gray's blog. And I'ma stayin'.

I do not envy you the aero-plane.

Terry

Posted by Terry at January 19, 2005 1:46 AM

I am hoping that you bludgeoned Mr. IdgieFoam to death with your "feelgood ook of the year" and just didn't have time to blog about it.

Also I think I need to get drunk with you. Less lipstick and more clothing than you describe, but still.

Knock 'em dead in Detroit, Joss!!

Posted by Mir at January 19, 2005 8:45 AM

Welcome to Detroit, Joshilyn, where the temperature currently hovers at minus ohmygod. Be sure to come back in July for the better weather; temps then get all the way up to a hundred-and-you've-got-to-be-kidding.

Posted by Shelley at January 19, 2005 9:09 AM

Tip for future handling of IdgieFoams of the world:

Keep KNEEING the back of their seat! That will drive them nuts. It works, trust me.

or drink lots of champagne cocktails, like the ones of your not so long ago youth (I'm sure), and you won't give a damn about bouncing on a plane (oh wait, bouncing on a plane? hmmm, doesn't that get you into the mile high club? whoops, wrong bouncing.)

safe trip.
dee

Posted by dee at January 19, 2005 10:40 AM

I second the idea of kneeing the back of his seat. I was once on a plane from London to Boston with a small child knee-er sitting behind me, and I have never felt so VIOLATED. Behind a bouncer is annoying, but in front of a knee-er is worse.
PS Thanks for the bee-yoo-tee-ful magnet. It is in a place of honor on my refrigerator.

Posted by Aimee at January 19, 2005 10:51 AM

i heart your blog

that is all

Posted by Heather at January 19, 2005 11:04 AM

I think your blog rocks! I think you and Mir were separated at birth! Good luck with your upcoming book, I hope it sells millions and millions of copies.

Posted by Peek at January 19, 2005 11:40 AM

Oh Joss, you with no Schmunderpants.... let me tell you when evil Northwest Airlines lost my luggage over Christmas (for SEVEN DAYS).. I had to break down and buy Schmunderpants at Walgreens at 10pm on Christmas eve. Where they come in the beautiful colours black, white, or brown. But only in the size 'fat granny'.

Posted by Heather McCutcheon at January 19, 2005 12:17 PM

Glad I wasn't there so I wouldn't make a scene with Idgefoam.
I have begun the Joshilyn Jackson movement here in my home town with the BooksACouple employees. I kinda told them we were life long friends, I saved your life once in a water accident, that you would have named your child after me but I insisted you not, and that you had a semi-crush on me. Okay, not that last part but the point is I did and will continue the movement here so when the book comes out, you have great placement.

Posted by tish at January 19, 2005 5:01 PM

No Schmunderpants? This sounds like one of those dreams where you find yourself at school with nothing on BUT your schmunderpants, only the reverse. So. Smile, it could have been worse.
Regarding Mr. IGiFoM. It's too bad you're not a senior citizen. You would then have been entitled under the law to beat him into blissful peace and quiet with your choice of either a low-heeled hard-sole shoe or a thirty pound handbag.

Posted by David at January 19, 2005 7:18 PM