Comments: The Whores of War

Bwahahahahahaha!!!!!! Whores!

Posted by Heather at January 12, 2005 4:34 PM

Josh-A-Lyn! LMAO... The Whores of War.... Too funny!

Posted by Heather McCutcheon at January 12, 2005 5:03 PM

lol :) Hmm The Whores of War, could be a title or chapter of you're next project. *grin*

I love how people pronounce and hear things slightly differently here in all parts of the country. One time my local country radio station KMPS FM was interviewing Reba McIntyre. And I guess it got to favorite products so she talks about how she brushes her teeth with "Rim Rat" and how she uses it all the time, there was this bit of pause from the DJs, and they say excuse me, and she says "Rim Rat".. again the pause.. So the interview continues about other stuff. And than after it was over.. there was again this pause as all the DJ's were thinking, they began talking all at once.. Rim Rat? Who'd name a toothpaste "Rim Rat?!" Theories were thrown around from 'Sounds like it should be a name for a toilet cleaner.' to maybe it's a regional product? - - After a song was played a caller was put on the air and explained "not RimRat, Rembrandt!"

Posted by Klint at January 12, 2005 6:28 PM

I rarely ever post a comment but this time I just had to!! I burst out with a belly laugh that had my children laughing with me just because I got so tickled! The Whores of War....I love it! Those are the kind of memories you'll have forever. Thanks for sharing!

Posted by Rita at January 12, 2005 7:12 PM

The Whores of War, huh? Trust me, hon, that Herman Wouk motherfucker would KILL to be that creative.

Posted by The Zero Boss at January 13, 2005 12:50 AM

I wonder if the Whores of War ever bogarted the garlic mussels....

Posted by Mir at January 13, 2005 8:57 AM

...or wore kitten heels...

Posted by Amy at January 13, 2005 9:24 AM

Not to burst your bubble mam, but I think it's YOU that tawks funny. I'm not going to get into the whole coffee vs. cawfee argument, or even touch on the big buildings that people shop in being mawls instead of malls.

Now pardon me while I take drive to Lawn Guyland or maybe to New Jehsey.

Posted by Matt at January 13, 2005 10:22 AM

Just found your blog via Lizardek's mention of it in her comments at http://www.livejournal.com/~lizardek/

Funny stuff! I used to live in S.F....and then Portland, so I'll be curious to hear your take on P-Town. Where's your stop in Portland? Powell's?

Will look forward to reading the book.

Posted by Marilyn at January 13, 2005 6:13 PM

I MAY die. That is the FUNNIEST thing.

Posted by Sara at January 13, 2005 8:20 PM

NO he talked funny in general, not just as a Californian. I DID NOT know what he was saying at first either, and thought "Camp followers? She wrote about camp followers?" I held my breath so I wouldn't snort a wad of mucus onto the lovely hotel carpet. THEN when he said (in obvious response to our wide-eyed incipient hysteria) "YOU KNOW, about the bad things that happen in battle?" THAT'S when I got it.

Actually, I might read something entitled: THE WHORES OF WAR: The Complete History of Camp Followers, Troop Tramps, and Military Molls.

PS OMG Livejournal is down. ALSO, did you know that Six Apart (developers of MT) just acquired LJ? COINCIDENCE?

PPS Am uploading a sample page of your BRAND NEW LAYOUT [for your editorial comments] sometime this weekend I HOPE. Dave's b-day party is Sunday but my house has been deemed unfit for human occupation by the State of California. Or by me. Same thing.

Posted by Jill James at January 15, 2005 2:16 AM

I want to hear more about the kitten heels! Actually I want to see a pop-up picture of the kitten heels. (And the silk dress.)

How can anyone "argue the merits" of kitten heels anyway? It's obvious to me that the person responsible for bringing kitten heels into fashion is a genius who should be in charge of negotiating world peace.

Also, a book about the "Whores of War" sounds WAY more interesting than a book about the "Horrors of War". It could be part of the Uppity Women series!

Posted by DebR at January 15, 2005 11:21 AM