Comments: Doing the Pre-Trip Jitterbug

He just HAD to throw in that little bit, didn't he? You're right -- excellent husbands are often infested by demons a little bit!

Have a wonderful time, and remember that there is marvelous shoe shopping in every city you're visiting ;-)

Airplane bloody Mary's are really good, just don't be chewing cinnamon gum at the same time... you'll burn your tongue.

Posted by Kestralyn at January 8, 2005 12:44 PM

Yup, there's just nothing like having a strong, supportive, kind, understanding 'devil's advocate' around to help keep ones paranoia operating at peak efficiency. *chortle, snort, guffaw*

Posted by David at January 8, 2005 3:00 PM

Oh, to be a fly on your wall.

Posted by Heather at January 8, 2005 3:01 PM

Oh, I just like him so much! Have fun, and do TRY to relax...a liberal application of alcohol may be in order...:)

Posted by Amy at January 8, 2005 3:44 PM

Since you already have a devil's advocate, I'll act as your enabler and suggest you start wearing one of those body wallet things that you can get to keep your passport and such safe when traveling overseas...the only way you'd lose your license if it was in one of those would be if someone completely mugged you and tore it off your body, should they happen to notice it under your clothes...in which case the airplane might be a moot point depending on how horribly you were mugged. You know? Wait. Hm. Perhaps that was not as helpful as I hoped it might be when I set out. Never mind! :}

Posted by Lisa at January 8, 2005 4:50 PM

Dang, woman. Is your head going to just go POP right off your neck before you even have a chance to get to Boston? Lord.

This is why I heart you so, you know. But I do worry.

Posted by Mir at January 8, 2005 9:55 PM

I second the notion of the body wallets because once I had my purse snatched when I was traveling. Don't feel too bad, I NEVER lock my wallet or purse in the van because I'm CONVINCED someone's going to break into my 1992, yes, 1992, van if I do. I still remember the days when all you needed was a plane ticket to fly, unless you were going overseas and you needed a passport (well, you needed a driver's license to go between Canada and the US.) Those days are gone. I hope you have a great trip.

Posted by Karin at January 8, 2005 10:10 PM

Like this:

Posted by Shawn B at January 9, 2005 3:47 PM

Actually, more like this:

The kids and I have been tracking her plane as it moves westward across the country. Sam is amazed that anything can travel at 515 mph without melting.

Posted by Mr. Husband at January 9, 2005 6:36 PM

joshilyn--We are so proud of you. Can't wait til the book ACTUALLy comes out. Keep it between the DITCHES!!!!

Aunt mern