Comments: Enter Simon Michael

Listen up, ladies and gentlemen...God forbid anything should ever happen to my fabulous friend Joshilyn, but if anything ever does...I CALL SCOTT.

Posted by Amy at January 5, 2005 9:45 AM

Amy, I will totally fight you for him. I'm not even kidding.

Posted by Mir at January 5, 2005 10:08 AM

Oh my goodness. I am trying to picture this and about to fall out of my chair. He RINGED the mouse. [ O H M Y G O O D N E S S ]

*sniffle* WAR PAB! How sweet!

Posted by Heather at January 5, 2005 11:26 AM

What might be funny is if a parent of one of Sam's friend were to come by and say "Hi I'm here to pick up Simon Michael. Sam borrowed him for a few days." ;) - Anyhoo the part where Scot ringed the mouse, was way cool. Like the movie "The Rock" under the boiler cool. Except cooler cuz it happened when it needed to happen. :)

Posted by Klint at January 5, 2005 1:01 PM

That's one talented Scott you have there!

My name is Shelley and I'm not lurking today. It's Delurking Day!

Posted by Shelley at January 5, 2005 1:13 PM

As cute little Simon Michael tells the tale to his skeptical country cousins: "...and then I got abducted by this flying saucer. No, really."

Posted by David at January 5, 2005 1:42 PM

My eyes are watering - my shoulders are spasming - I'm making little weird erk erk noises - I have ramen noodles in places they shouldn't go...

My co-workers are very concerned.

This is the last time I eat lunch at my desk and read your blog. OMG!

Posted by Karry at January 5, 2005 2:13 PM

I've done that to a cat. It is quite a spectacle, no?

BTW...I'm Lisa and I greatly enjoy your blog. I'm celebrating De-Lurking Day and raising $$ for tsunami relief. Read all about it at my blog. :)

Posted by Lisa at January 5, 2005 2:18 PM

Awwwww! Simon Michael is so cute! SO cute! so CUTE!!!

But I, too, detest uninvited mice in my home. In my old house, where they used to inhabit the walls, I had been known to sneak into the kitchen (their favorite walls), wait for one to make the scuffling noise inside the wall, and pound for all I was worth, as near the scuffling as I could get, hoping to at least scare one into a heart attack, and yell, "GET! OUT! OF! MY! HOUSE!"

Then I bought some rat poison, and threw it around under the house in the crawl space (it was about 1/5th basement, the rest was crawl space). The mice went away. But apparently, I was only feeding the neighborhood rats. They took up residence, and I got the hell out. Nasty neighbors!

Posted by scorpy at January 5, 2005 3:34 PM

Another de-lurker here. Love your blog!

Posted by Linda at January 5, 2005 7:24 PM

But now Simon Michael has been banished from your warm cozy house and when the temperatures drop (out there - in the idyllic WILDERNESS) he'll become a little, black, fuzzy, teardrop shaped popsicle. Go back! Find him and put him in a habitrail where he belongs - eating cereal and buttered cornbread. I've seen his cuteness - and my heart bleeds.

Posted by Dana at January 5, 2005 9:34 PM

I love how the mouse had a NAME. And I am officially de-lurking because I adore your blog, and you as well!

Posted by samantha at January 6, 2005 12:25 AM

Love you, dear! And now I may have to blog my mouse story (yes, another SINGULAR mouse here).

Posted by Kira at January 6, 2005 1:50 AM

I am crying, I can't drink my coffee because everytime I try to take a sip I picture that bowl soaring across the room. OMG. That is absolutely the funniest thing I've read in quite a while. I'm throwing a link back to this from my blog. Everyone should get this kind of a belly-laugh.

And that Scott, he's a definite keeper.

Posted by Debra at January 6, 2005 5:28 AM

1)Mice just don't come any cuter than Simon Michael. Of course, it doesn't hurt to have JJ&Family in charge of your photo and bio, either. ;)
2)Preen away, Scott!
3)De-lurking day? What's de-lurking day?

Posted by David at January 6, 2005 7:49 AM

One more de-lurker here! Love, love, LOVE your blog and the Simon Michael is just over the top! Too funny that you got a pic of that adorable creature before Scott ringed him.

Posted by Paula at January 6, 2005 10:49 AM

This is what I LOVE about children. They need no formal instructions to know exactly what an animal's name is and what his opinions are.

ssg

Posted by Stephanie at January 6, 2005 10:54 AM

Ditto David. What is de-lurking day? Perhaps I should google, but that would be far too simple.

Posted by Joe at January 6, 2005 3:37 PM

Lawsy. I am literally peeing myself.

Posted by Sara at January 6, 2005 6:03 PM

Hi Kira sent me =)

Good thing I was forewarned about the possibility of snorking whilst reading this post otherwise my monitor would be sporting a fetching new juice theme.

As the owner of a totally neurotic Maine Coon I know the exploding cat thing only too well, what gets me is the filthy looks I get while I'm rolling on the floor wetting myself laughing while said cat tries to look all dignified and 'I meant to do that'-ish.

Love the blog, will be back

Posted by Kitty at January 7, 2005 8:15 AM