Comments: What Happened Yesterday...

Ooooh...nothing will dull the joy I feel for you today...even the fever/green runny nose/pinkeye that Owen woke up with! Congratulations! and enjoy that root canal!

Posted by Amy at December 2, 2004 8:39 AM

Well, dental atrocity notwithstanding, I can see why yesterday was magical! Now what do I have to do to get my hands on one of those ARCs???

Posted by Mir at December 2, 2004 8:51 AM

P.S. Yes, it IS all about me, why do you ask? ;)

Posted by Mir at December 2, 2004 8:51 AM

I get a root canal this afternoon. I feel your pain. I do.

I prefer matte to glossy as well.

Posted by Heather at December 2, 2004 10:55 AM

Oh wow. OH wowoowowowowowoowowow. I am so stupidly happy for you, I almost started weeping just imagining what that must have been like, holding your dream in your hands. And I don't even know you. Well, I mean I feel like I do, but you wouldn't know me if I tripped on your lawn, though I have a feeling everyone's going to know you pretty soon. :)

Posted by ViVi at December 2, 2004 10:58 AM

gawd. Sounds like Warner did a bang up job. Glad to hear. :)
*grin* I'm sure Oprah will pick your book someday. :)

hee In 98 I made the book "The Gift of Fear" my gift to my friends.. Now I know what 2005's gift will be. heee

Posted by Klint at December 2, 2004 4:20 PM

Oh! Can I pleeeezee have an ARC for Christmas? Can I, huh? Please? *makes pitiful beggin' puppy dog eyes* I've been really good this year.

Hey, and I had a root canal once, too. Shouldn't that count for something? *still beggin'*

Posted by David at December 2, 2004 4:58 PM

What about that contest for the ARC! Foot stamp.

Posted by KarenB at December 2, 2004 5:46 PM

There must be something seriously wrong with me because I read your e-mail/blog yesterday and then again today and I still did not realize that I could beg/plead for an ARC copy even though I know you snagged Lani's ARC. I must be losing...something. Not sure what. I can't believe the opportunity I missed not once, but twice! Day late, dollar short, root canal/ARC deprived. The upside, I understood the description of the skyblue band better today than I did yesterday. Yesterday I just kept imagining a rubberband. Silly ole me.

Posted by Linda Sherwood at December 2, 2004 9:10 PM

How totally awesome about the ARC. I hope your mouth is better today. I loathe detest and hate the denist so my sympathies with you there.

I however can only dream about the magic that you are feeling right now. I thought I saw a cloud float up from GA that had pink sparkles and rainbows, and shooting stars..must have been some of the magic YOU CREATED floating up this way...

Congrats Pluffy darling.....I'm so happy. I'll give you 2 soul stones for a copy to show to EVERYONE in NC so that I can ensure that your sales here will be through the roof. (if you have peeked into game at all you KNOW how valuable thse babies are).

You totally ROCK and I am just so happy to say that I "cyber" know you...wait..that didn't come out right...where's Kimmi and that goat.....

Posted by Gabi at December 3, 2004 9:57 AM

Sorry guys -- I do NOT at this point have any extra. My MOM is not even getting one. AND SHE IS NOT HAPPY ABOUT IT, my mom.

But a lot of folks have requested them at Warner, so my editor said I could have TWO and when I told her I had already promised two (one to an indie-bookstore in Alabama I just ADORE and one to my local indie bookstore owner) she upped it to four. So.

I hope I will get more later...if I do? Rest assured I WILL do some kind of drawing for the FtK regs.

Posted by joshilyn at December 3, 2004 12:00 PM

Ponders going to ebay for a blackmarket copy....whispers...do we know anyone at Warner we can bribe? Shall we go on a mission? To highjack copies that I just know that they have in the warehouse, that are sitting there, cold and feeling neglected...this cannot be...we must free this copies from their chains and allow them to be held and carressed and adored......starts to hum theme from Mission Impossible......the game is afoot...or aknee..or ahand....grins and goes back to her plotting......This message will spontanously combust in approximately 10 seconds, 10,9,8,7, um....what comes next?

Posted by Gabi at December 3, 2004 1:15 PM

I am a TOTAL lurker here, Joshilyn... but I am weeping in to my OWN hair as I sit here reading this. Even sparkly tiaras and glittery finger nail polish couldn't contain more magic than this day. You, simply, rock. Well, you and the matte finish tie for supreme rock...ness.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!