Comments: How Do You Spell “Hemorrhage?”

Yes! I love those Onstar ads. I want it. My sister locked her keys in her car while she was gassing up one day. Her two children were inside and it was a hot day, so she called 911. The police officer who responded threatened to arrest her for letting the kids get locked in like that. She cried all the way home. I think of that everytime I hear the "child locked in car" ad. Onstar - saving you from total humiliation and arrest.

Posted by Jensgalore at December 1, 2004 7:57 AM

My goal is a lofty one. I want to be at ZERO. Ahh, black. I can taste it!

Posted by Em at December 1, 2004 11:02 AM

OMG!!!!!!!! That's HORRIBLE. I did that with Sam once--And I was in the deserted parking lot of a Baptist church. Sam was MAYBE 2, and we were driving along when suddenly he PUKED all over himself. I pulled into the lot and popped the trunk and walked around to get his diaper bag and the door closed and Sam was in there. He immediately began Re-Puking. With the engine running. Doors locked. Cell phone sitting in plain view on the dash.

I was looking around for a brick to SMASH MY WAY IN, thinking OH NO OH NO WHAT IF HE CHOKES and there was NOTHING. I mean NOTHING to bash a window in and I could not make myself run into the church for help. I would not have been able to SEE him. He finished puking and looked up and gave me a watery smile and waved at me through the glass. I was OFF THE CHAIN crazy, and there was NO ONE around.

I didn't know what else to do, so. I stood there and SCREAMED. I released great peeling waves of horrified screaming, I mean I SCREAMED. In between screams I would smile like a LUNATIC and say IT'S OKAY HONEY! HA HA, FUNNY MOMMY SURE IS LOUD. Then I would scream more. It was like I was a Banshee playing Carmen. Someone driving past HEARD ME FROM THE ROAD through her CLOSED car windows and pulled over. She called 911 for me.

The fire department came and got Sam out at once. They were VERY nice to me. SO nice. But perhaps it was because I was foaming at the mouth and howling for someone to bring me a brick.

Posted by joshilyn at December 1, 2004 11:27 AM

Try and get a lappy 486. Finally a computer for your lap.

OK but ON*, I HATE those commercials. I don't watch TV, so maybe they are better there, but the ones on XM radio are annoying. The accents, my God, the accents. "Hay-ulp, mah momma's see-yuk. Ahm Fahv." *cringe*

Posted by DLFP at December 1, 2004 11:30 AM

My place is where I am not adding up the grocery total in my head as I put items in the buggy and can run out to buy a nice gift for a birthday without worrying about the money.

Posted by Heather at December 1, 2004 11:47 AM

OOOh, we have OnStar. It's really quite nifty. (Especially if you are lost in a some foreign city and your husband has the directional abilities of a 18-month-old.) Although, it can be a drag when I'm out and about (and have deliberately left my cell at home) and my NERD of a husband calls the car to find out WHERE HIS SOCKS ARE and OH can I have the last Krispy Kreme?
It would really be handy though if I happened to lock my keys in my Yukon, my children started to vomit and THERE WAS ONLY ONE KRISPY KREME LEFT.

Posted by FabGirlie at December 1, 2004 12:10 PM

I also want ONSTAR. And I would acquire a Saab or a Saturn just to have it. Just thinking of ONSTAR reminds me of having a warm comfy blanket. And I want that warm comfy blanket.

Posted by Klint at December 1, 2004 12:28 PM

I can't bear the Onstar commercials because I always PICTURE my CHILDREN in the scenarios on the radio. Then I'm forced to pull over to the side of the road and weep, with my head resting against the steering wheel.
I end up puffy eyed and with a steering wheel ridge in my forehead, and then they look at me oddly at Starbucks.

Posted by Kira at December 1, 2004 1:29 PM

I am not lucky enough to have Onstar. BUT, I do have TIVO. And I am ashamed to admit that I would not trade. Car safety? Ok, it would be nice, but... the ability to fast forward commercials? Absolutely crucial! OMG I am so shallow...:)

Posted by Amy at December 1, 2004 6:35 PM

u r a NUT.

Posted by Russ at December 2, 2004 9:44 AM

Having followed Joss in a car around THE TOWN IN WHICH SHE LIVES I think that if any of us loved her enough, we would get together and buy her ON-STAR for the sake of her children.

She isn't kidding about her direction impairment.

Posted by Judi at December 2, 2004 2:48 PM