Comments: More Great Big (Damp Nasty Germy) Love

*laughing so hard I'm having a hard time breathing* Beautiful Caroline is obviously as beautiful on the inside as she is on the outside to not only put up with that, but to then try to protect him from embarrassment. Oh, how funny!

You know, years from now, he will realize you not only knew about this, but you wrote about it to the world, this thing that he thought was ultra-private and unknown, and he will die a million times over in sheer mortification. And then he will grow up some more and years after that he will laugh over it, too. :)

Posted by Jensgalore at November 8, 2004 11:04 AM

Elise's boyfriend told her he "liked her 100%". Now he loves her 100%. He tells her he loves her every day. Sometimes she says it back. Sometimes she fires off something dismissive like, "I know". And I die a little inside, for all of the reasons you mentioned. I'm in awe of his innocent, uncomplicated affection for my girl.

His mom told me he fell asleep clutching Elise's headband to his chest with both hands not long ago.

Maybe it's not a saliva thing, maybe it's a hair thing?

Posted by Dianna at November 8, 2004 11:12 AM

Oh that is so sweetly funny. So incredibly sweet that it makes me snort diet coke out my nose and smile about it.

I lub your blog, Joshilyn,....

Posted by Heather McCutcheon at November 8, 2004 4:58 PM

That story is just too great! I can just see the little guy stuffing handfuls of hair in his mouth. *laughing out loud*

Posted by CAD Monkey at November 8, 2004 10:40 PM

I'm so picturing this "scene" with all the fake movie theater light in a movie. I see the dark theater and the flickering light that only shows split second views of him sneaking her hair into his mouth. This needs to be in a movie.

Posted by Brooks at November 9, 2004 2:21 AM

You realize that one day you will have to delete this entry. Pretty soon he and all his friends will be online and they will certainly know who you are and then OMG his life is OVER.

But what a tender romantic he is.

Posted by jill at November 9, 2004 2:49 AM

Sounds like it's time to have That Talk... you know the one I mean... the one where you explain that if wants to continue to be the one "most like Christ" he can't be eating girls' hair.... ;)

Posted by Mir at November 9, 2004 8:51 AM

Can!Not!Breathe! from laughing. But oh! How I miss him when you write about his adventures! And I SWEAR I will not tell Jack.

Posted by Amy at November 9, 2004 2:45 PM

it's you. : )

Posted by your brother at November 9, 2004 7:07 PM

So funny and so touching. Wow!

>> She’s eleven and blooming and interested in lipgloss and he is a scabby-kneed creature who spends half his time as a ninja, slaughtering imaginary bug-people. So, it’s not like I see a big immediate FUTURE here

HAHAHAHA!

And although love may be weird, men are very weird too. I am one, so I should know.

Posted by Snobby at November 10, 2004 8:20 AM

Ok, I *knew* you were witty when we met. But I had no idea I'd have to keep a brown paper bag around while reading your blog! I nearly fell out of my chair from this post, laughing and snorting and hyperventilating.

And I'm laughing again right now, just from the visual.

I finally got a chance to come here this morning.
(Took me long enough, I know.)
Oh, I wish I had gotten here much sooner.

You have a gift. Thank you for sharing it with the rest of us. Can't wait until May 05!

Posted by Monique at November 14, 2004 9:30 AM

LOLOLOL!
Poisoned him with you genes - I love it.
I suppose there are worse traits that could be inherited. :)

Posted by Keith of R.Electrons at November 15, 2004 7:51 PM

:dies laughing: Oh. Pray that TODD never finds this. Something tells me he'd be really turned on or really sick at this bit of knowledge.

I wonder if there's a proper term for people with Spit Fettishes. ;)

Posted by Liberty at November 15, 2004 9:56 PM