Comments: Cover Me

It is wonderful. I love it! And it's just so real-looking, isn't it? Now I know what to look for in the bookstores when it comes out. And I promise I will grab total strangers and thrust the book into their faces and say, "You must buy this book! And copies for your friends! Because I know her! And I have not yet read this book myself but I am sure it is a great and wonderful book!" And your publisher will say, "Why is there this huge sales spike in this very small town?" and you will know it is where I live.

Can you tell I've been in the Halloween candy and I'm feeling really happy? Wonderful, wonderful sugar.

Posted by Jensgalore at October 30, 2004 11:12 AM

OMG! OMG! OMG!
That cover is SO COOL! :D

Posted by Klint at October 30, 2004 3:15 PM

Really beautiful cover! And I'm not positive, but I enlarged the cover and it looks like the Creature from the Black Lagoon is reflected in her side mirror...

Posted by Ginny at October 30, 2004 3:23 PM

Great cover! Love that longdarkbrown hair. =) If your book is anywhere near as funny as the dialog in "Cover me", I've just gotta have this book!

I'm pretty sure that stuff in the rearview mirror is the convertible top frame, which is also visible at the lower left corner of the pic. The camera has a shallower reflecting angle to the mirror than the driver's eyes do. If you cheated and adjusted the mirror, you could get a view back down the road.

Posted by David Gray at October 30, 2004 7:43 PM

I am practically drooling. Cover is divine. Can NOT wait to read. When is it out?

Posted by Heather at October 30, 2004 8:26 PM

Love it!! Not exactly "Alabama the Beautiful", but improved! They should have put a faux fruit stand in the background with a "Boiled Peanuts" sign to authenticate. Ha.

Posted by KarenB at October 30, 2004 8:32 PM

!!

It's the face! on! Mars!!one!!11!eleventy!

Lovely cover, lovely YOU.

Posted by jill at October 30, 2004 10:50 PM

Jen will be telling people to read the book and it's wonderful, and I, too, will be THINKING that, but what I will actually be SAYING is, "HEY! Did you know this picture on the cover was NOT taken in Alabama? NO, REALLY. It was done in JERSEY. How do I know? Why, I am close personal friends with the author. Yes."

The cover really is fab, my bizarre stalkerish babbling aside. ;)

Posted by Mir at October 31, 2004 12:28 AM

...as to the strange geographical world-views of New Yorkers....

...My company announced that our next manager's conference was to be held in Nashville. An absolutely "stunned buzz" went through the crowd, broken by a New York born Cuban-American who blurted out, "Nashville...Where the hell is Nashville?...Isn't that where the eskimo's live?"

Yes, New Jersey is indeed the "country."

Posted by 3 at October 31, 2004 9:14 AM

I'm sure it's wonderful! Except...I get nothing. :(

Posted by AGK at October 31, 2004 11:04 AM

Hey - love the cover art too. It must be such a relief to find your work in such a safe pair of hands.

Is your novel getting a UK release?

Thanks, by the way, for the encouragement on the blog. I really appreciate it.

best -

c

Posted by c at October 31, 2004 7:55 PM

Congrats.
You must be most excited(he asks knowingly).

Posted by Shawn B. at November 1, 2004 2:52 PM

My mom is cool???? How can you say Anne Twomey is cool..... you dont live with her!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah okay *maybe* she is good at designing book covers but does that really make her "COOL"? I find your writing very amusing.

Posted by katherine twomey at November 1, 2004 8:50 PM

Hi! I just bopped over from http://dispatchesfromfrance.blogspot.com/. I love the cover! I'll keep an eye out for it in the stores here in Germany. Btw, I skipped the BookFair in Frankfurt this year, but I went last year. It's huge!

As for Jersey, I lived there for five years. Once I picked up a friends bridesmaid in Staten Island because otherwise she wasn't going to come to the rehearsal dinner. Why? The "country" air inflamed her allergies. Um, excuse me? Central Jersey, on the turnpike, is country?? Lol. :)

Posted by Anna at November 2, 2004 5:13 PM

I love reading and it's usually the cover that makes me decide whether to buy the book. that cover is wonderful and I'd definitely buy it. *goes to buy it*

Posted by Jaynee at November 4, 2004 11:38 AM