Comments: Hasta la Vista, Evelyn

Waaaahhhhhhhh. I am a sore loser. But Melony is good, I have to admit.

Posted by Mir at October 27, 2004 11:32 AM

Oh...pooh. You mean JUST because I didn't come up with the BEST name, I don't get to win? Even if I rilly RILLY want to?
Is that American?

Posted by Kira at October 27, 2004 1:05 PM

I wasn't able to send in my name (toooooo late) but I would've submitted Meredith! Sorry so late. Melony is good. I have a friend named Melanie. Can't wait to read what Melony is up to when that book comes out! (Melanie, Melony, Melony...do you want me to say the name more?):o)
Stephany

Posted by Stephany at October 27, 2004 1:11 PM

thanks for the book recommendation! it's hard for me to find people that suggest good books. my sister is the only one who can appreciate good writing and the resulting emotional tug that I love. hey, even shel silverstein makes me a little giddy. I swear sometimes I think I'll never grow up ;)

have a great day!

Posted by Lesli at October 27, 2004 1:14 PM

Sigh... I like Cornelia. ;o)

Posted by Heather at October 27, 2004 1:15 PM

I just found your contest, much too late to enter. :( However, if you end up writing a sequel, may I suggest Virginia as a name for Melony's baby???

Posted by CarolynM at October 27, 2004 2:49 PM

Have you thought about foreign names? Maybe Igone, Licena, Nerea, Josune, Miren, Oihane, Celia,...

Posted by Rsc at October 27, 2004 4:47 PM

Congrats to Dan and I hope the editor likes Melony.

Hey not to give an unfriendly push on the cliff edge to Melony. But have you or your agent considered contacting the Crabtree owner, commenting on the wonderful project, and asking him (or her if a partnership or group exists) if he would protest the use of Evelyn Crabtree (the cussing pregnant 15 year old)? :) Just a thought. :)

Posted by Klint at October 27, 2004 6:05 PM

oops instead of wonderful project.. I meant some of Crabtrees wonderful products. *hide hide hide for not proofing before posting*

Posted by Klint at October 27, 2004 6:07 PM

Look, you obviously have gotten it all wrong. I gave you the perfect name - PERFECT - and you don't even mention it. I'm hurt, stunned and scarred for life. I will SO not be buying any of your books (on the first day they come out). Take that!

Signed,
Fellow Georgia Peach Who Can Find Where You Live!

Posted by AGK at October 28, 2004 8:32 AM

Nice entry.
Red Sox WIN!
If anyone has an MP3 of the song "We Believe" in rotation on the Dan Patrick show... where? where?

Posted by Shawn B at October 28, 2004 1:45 PM

Red Sox Schmed Sox. IT WAS FIXED!!

Seriously, you would be surprised how many New Yorkers were rooting for the Sox to win after the ALCS(granted, it might of been just to shut them up about the Curse).

Back on topic.... I dig the name! It's no Laserbeak, but few are.

Posted by Matt at October 28, 2004 2:59 PM