Comments: In Deadly, Deadly Earnest

Exactly! The last half of your post describes why I am such a freak about my kids! It IS unendurable! I don't know that I have ever commented here before but I check every day - great writing! You have me pondering flaxseed like never before in my life! ;-)

Posted by Em at October 11, 2004 9:38 AM

"The decision to have a child is to forever allow your heart to walk around outside your body." Don't know who said it first, but they were RIGHT! That being said, my beautiful, sweet, enjoyable, Not dried up, bitter or slightly scary friend - you are not Florence. You are you - and you are nine thousand kinds of great. And I don't care about your grammar, either. :)

Posted by Amy at October 11, 2004 11:19 AM

God I cannot wait to read your book. If I send you a batch of Kira's cookies (granted, they are flaxseed-free, but yummy!) can I get an autograph in purple crayon, please??

Posted by Mir at October 11, 2004 12:33 PM

Sigh... I used ot live near Birmingham. Pat Conroy is a veritable god of words. I need to lick his shoes to gain soem of his wonderfulness. I keep meaning to read Cassandra's book, The Sunday Wife. Must go see if my new library has it.

When will your book be out so I can buy it? Hmmm?

What you wrote about your kids... wow. Made me wanna go wake mine up for cuddles.

Posted by Heather at October 11, 2004 7:19 PM

So beautifully said.
Precisely.

Posted by Kira at October 12, 2004 12:10 PM

Mine are still young enough that I have an excuse for never letting them out of my sight, but I'm in trouble in another year or two.

Posted by Jensgalore at October 12, 2004 3:31 PM

I hate to think what variation of Florence I would become if something ever happened to my precious Holden!

Hey -- you got called out for your bad grammar by the "member of the literati" but he says you have a brilliant mind. Yay! Can't wait to read your novel!

Posted by KarenB at October 12, 2004 7:22 PM

Plurals can be possessive??? I guess when they're stuck behind your ears. No wait, that's laurels.....nevermind.

Posted by Lee at October 12, 2004 7:23 PM