Comments: We interrupt the CRAPULENCE to say:

..once again dropping in on my life for a few days before I am off again to the wilds of New York.

Absolutely feeling compelled to correct those of us out there who have not yet come to the realization of the eternal and irrefutable truth of my previous comments concerning one Joshilyn Jackson and one Miguel De Cervantes.

Joss titled Sept ??? blog; "In which I brag on my older brother even though he ruined my life."
Cervantes wrote, "In which the history of the famous Princess Micomicoma continues..."

Again in Sept., Joss--"Behold the power of soy and Scwharz..."
Cervantes--"Regarding the strange manner in which
Don Quixote of La Mancha was enchanted."

Ahem, a third, if you must...Joss--"In which I heartily repent"
Cervantes--" In which the accounts of our knight's misfortunes continues."

I rest my case...I cannot believe that any of this is coincidence. Has anyone ever seen both Joss and Miguel together at the same time? I'm betting not...

#3

Posted by #3 at October 9, 2004 9:49 AM

Oh, I thought it was enough to just admire Joshilyn from afar and wonder at her JCO-like prolificness, but now I realize there is scandal to be had. May we have pictures of your children, please, so that we may see if they bear any likeness to Cervantes??

Posted by Mir at October 9, 2004 9:55 AM

3! So pleased to see you have emerged from Florida unscathed!
Mir. Do not encourage him. He's very dangerous, he says, and only doesn't kill people by sheer fluke. I am skeptical, having remained deteminedly unkilled. But still. He SAYS.

Posted by Joshilyn at October 9, 2004 10:34 AM

Ah, Mir...thank you for you kind words and keen insights.

Remember..."methinks the lady doeth protest too much,..?"

I think an appropriate modern translation might be, "the guilty dog barks first."

#3

Posted by #3 at October 9, 2004 11:07 AM

Oh, but there is a metaphor in the works here just waiting to be born. I can't overlook it! First we have the offspring of JCO and a chicken, yielding Joss. Then we have HER offspring, with Cervantes. If we can work another animal in here, it'll be brilliance of a heretofore unknown scale!

Posted by Mir at October 9, 2004 8:21 PM

And for the fourth graders among us, and you know who you are, an approprtiate translation of #3's comment would be "he who smelt it, dealt it".

Posted by Mr. Husband at October 10, 2004 7:51 AM

Dear Mir,

I believe you are right...perhaps a detailed examination of the entire lineage; beginning with Cervantes and his offspring, (human or otherwise), might be in order.

When beginning a long journey such as this there is simply no telling what direction it may take...
But in the interest of literature, (and science), I think we dare not fail.

Posted by #3 at October 10, 2004 3:23 PM

Added it to my wishlist!!

Posted by Heather at October 10, 2004 4:44 PM

..writing from the fetus?? Creepy, yet way cool.

Posted by Lee at October 12, 2004 7:21 PM