Comments: In Which I Heartily Repent

WELCOME BACK! :)

and long walk and no art. OUCH!

Thank you for the book recommendations. :)

I heard they have some sort of historic arboretum at Central Park? But the documentary I had heard it from it was going through some sort of major renovation. I know Central Park is like REALLY big (judging from peeks from movies) but by any chance did you see anything like that.. and was it beautiful?

thanks in advance. :)

Posted by Klint at September 22, 2004 7:56 PM

Beautiful tulip! How I have missed you!! I am so glad you're trip went well - it sounds like a great good time was had, at any rate - and that you achieved new boots, to boot! Always a plus, in my book.
HOWEVER, from one Irish gal to another, how can you disparage our people? I admit we are somewhat dependant on potatoes (i'm actually embarrassed that my ancestors could not think of anything else to EAT, thereby initiating a potato FAMINE) but there are many, many other calorie-laden and fabulous examples of Irish cuisine. If you come to visit me (HINT HINT HINT) I will take you to an Irish pub and make you rethink South beach as a way of life. Thus endeth my longest comment so far. :)

Posted by Amy at September 22, 2004 9:39 PM

Very cool - my husband is the same Jewish Puerto Rican mix :) And I'm the Irish one - don't forget our other delicacy - cabbage!

Posted by shannon at September 22, 2004 11:19 PM

I did not see any sort of FORMAL Arboretum, but there were a lot of TREES and PLANTS there that COULD have been secretly being an arboretum. Arboretum is fun to say -- it's one of those words that if you keep repeating it becomes nonsensical.

If you drew a line from the Met, across the park to the Museum of Natural History, I saw most every sight SOUTH of that line. So, the turtle pond, the literary walk, the observatory, the zoo, the great lawn, carousel, the dairy, the Wollman Ice Skating Rink, ETC ETC ETC and I made a special hike to see THE STATUE OF BALTO.

Posted by joshilyn at September 23, 2004 7:04 AM

Dear Irish Chicks,
Cabbage makes you gassy. ACTUALLY I did go with Lily to NC once and we found an Irish pub that served Irish "Cuisine" -- the James Joyce Pub. The menu consisted of MANY MANY beers and treaditional Irish fare like MORE beer and Beer and Potato Cabbage Gas-making Pie.
Love, Katie O'Brian

Posted by joshilyn at September 23, 2004 9:35 AM

Oooh Balto! :) And I had no clue there was a zoo there. I figured you lucked out with the turtle thing. Wow Balto. So he's real. er was. wow. :)

Thanks Joshilyn.

Posted by Klint at September 23, 2004 10:30 AM

Hehehe. That's one way to play speed chess. Six moves is very speedy. :)

Posted by DLFP at September 24, 2004 5:59 PM