Comments: In Which my Children Fan-Pester Julianna Baggott

Sam and Maisy,

Thanks for introducing me to a book that I evidently NEED to read. And. . .since I'm a reading teachers. . .I can suggest it to my students as well. Books you WANT to share are the best kind. Like me telling the librarian at my school about your mom's book, gods in Alabama. I suggested it to her (along with your mom's other books), and she read it and told me how much she loved it. I said, "I am so glad you liked that book." And she said, "No. I did not LIKE that book, I LOVED that book and was really sad when it was over."

Sounds like The Ever Breath is the EXACT SAME kind of book. . .one you don't want to end. Can't wait to read it.

Posted by Roxanne at March 4, 2010 1:07 PM

What great questions Maisy and Sam came up with! And their excitement about this book makes me think it might be a perfect one with which to snag my seven year old son!

Posted by Leandra at March 4, 2010 1:14 PM

What a great interview! I am going to have to find the book, and I was terrifically impressed by both the author and her fan/interviewers!

Posted by redzils at March 4, 2010 1:16 PM

Great interview! It makes me want to get this book for my daughter, and also now I want to read it myself!

Posted by Laura F at March 4, 2010 1:21 PM

HOW did I not know that Julianna Baggott is N.E. Bode??? Must tell children.

GREAT interview, Sam and Maisy (and Julianna)! Thank you!!

Posted by Mir at March 4, 2010 1:22 PM

Fabulous interview to all involved. Thank you. I know a certain 9 year old that would love this.

Posted by heidi at March 4, 2010 1:33 PM

Are these not THE most brilliant children with the most refined taste in literature?

I'm very impressed (and biased).

xo
Julianna
aka N.E. Bode

Posted by Julianna Baggott at March 4, 2010 1:47 PM

Maisy and Sam, you did a GREAT job on the interview! And it sounds like a wonderful book. I don't have any kids, but I want to check it out anyway.

Posted by Julie G at March 4, 2010 2:00 PM

Great interview! I think my 7-year-old niece would love this one. After that intriguing answer about the amber orb, I'm tempted to read it myself, too.

Posted by Holly at March 4, 2010 2:36 PM

Sam and Maisy - Great questions! Julianna - Great answers!
I once read a story about a girl named Foob, which my mother explained, might, also be called Feebee or Phoebe, but I still like Foob.

Posted by RandomRanter at March 4, 2010 3:11 PM

Dear Sam and Maisy,

Thank you for this informative interview. Your questions were thought provoking and they allowed Julianna an opportunity to describe her book to us in a way that makes me want to run to the nearest bookseller and buy it, which is exactly what a literary interview should do.

Kim

Posted by Kim at March 4, 2010 3:16 PM

I am inspired by this interview to run to amazon and buy this book. Seriously. I think my daughter might love it.

Posted by Jenn at March 4, 2010 3:35 PM

I read a short story when I was a kid (I don't remember what it was called) and the main girl's name was Camille and I pronounced it Camill- eeeee. I like your version much better, Maisy :)

This sounds like a book I'll have to read and pass along to the niece!

Posted by Dani at March 4, 2010 3:45 PM

That book sounds fantastic! Thanks for a great review, Sam and Maisy. Do you think my kids would like it? They just turned 13 on Monday.

Posted by edj at March 4, 2010 4:30 PM

Great work, Sam and Maisy! I particularly liked the question and answer about the orb. Very cool.

Posted by Heather at March 4, 2010 5:46 PM

I loved this interview, Sam and Maisy. You guys are great. I would love to have this book for my grandchildren - they just need to grow up a little first.

Posted by Pamela L at March 4, 2010 5:49 PM

Great interview guys! I think you guys have excellent taste in books so I can't wait to go out and buy this one!

Posted by Allison at March 4, 2010 6:04 PM

Fantastic interview! Can't wait to pick this up for my 9 year old daughter.

You asked all the right questions to make me want to read the book and buy the book without giving too much story away.

Great job! Thanks, MeeMaw, for letting the kiddos take over.

Posted by Jen at March 4, 2010 6:41 PM

Great interview! It made me want to read the book. I loved the Anybodies series.

Posted by Jill W. at March 4, 2010 6:44 PM

Sam and Maisy,

Wow, what fine book reviewers you both are! Your words make me want to read this book. Did you ever think of writing books yourself? Because I would read them and then pass them on to all my friends!!

Posted by Glory Words at March 4, 2010 8:07 PM

Hmmm...I bet my nephews would like this book. Must keep in mind for Christmas! Nice work, guys! Also, what other books do you love, and why? Could you make a list, and what kind of kid you think would be interested in each title? I would really love that information (if Memaw will share the blog with you again).

Posted by elizabeth at March 4, 2010 8:31 PM

We are huge fans of N. E. Bode and The Anybodies series. I was just asking my daughter this morning if she had any book requests (since I noticed a sale on children's books) and The Ever Breath was the first one she mentioned!

Thanks for the great interview!

Posted by Carol at March 4, 2010 10:15 PM

Wow! I think Sam and Maisy should be hired. Very good interview kids, and I used to be a reporter for a living, so I am pretty picky.

I will look forward to Ever Breath. I might even let my own kids read it. :)

My name issue was "Yoesmight" Sam. And, at almost 45, I just realized Fort "Tingranada" was "Ticonderoga." Huh.

Posted by JulieB at March 4, 2010 10:26 PM

What grand and insightful questions and observations! Thank you!

Posted by Fran at March 4, 2010 11:26 PM

Great interview! The questions dug a lot deeper than you usually see. Thanks for the good insight.

Posted by Nikki at March 5, 2010 2:58 AM

Looking at the SLJ review on the Amazon site, maybe they should substitute kid reviewers for all the kid books! Obviously, kids have a MUCH better idea of what is fun and engaging to read than some stuffy, old person, as all the actual reader reviews are glowing!

Ah, Joshilyn, you can never be my meemaw, as you are younger than me . . although there was a young fella back in college days that we'd call "Grandpa", hmmm.

Posted by Brigitte at March 5, 2010 7:07 AM

A most excellent interview! I had not heard of this book but I think my girl child would like it, so I will seek it out.

Posted by Badger at March 5, 2010 8:28 AM

DAiybaDI

Posted by fTReREbr at March 5, 2010 9:01 AM

sam and maisy,
you conducted a first-rate interview. i thought your questions were thoughtful and your love of the book came through. i look forward to reading more of your interviews, sam and maisy.

btw maisy jane, i have my own maisy. she is mazie bell though. she has a bitty baby too, though you seem a little more advanced than my mazie. when i asked her what she wanted to name her bitty baby she said "santa" or "grandpa". i don't think she gets the concept of naming. i love cah-mill-ah. fabulous name.

Posted by katie@agraciousplenty at March 5, 2010 10:30 AM

Dear Sam and Maisy,

You are both very awesome and I love this interview. This book sounds like it would be just perfect as a gift for some kids I know, and it really helps to hear what other kids think of it. Julianna is right: you are both going to make the world smarter when you grow up. Actually you already are!

Aimee

Posted by Aimee at March 5, 2010 11:04 AM

Great interview Sam and Maisy! Remind me again how old you guys are? This sounds like a book that two of my kids would like - Rory is 14 and Kate is 10. Do you think Rory would enjoy it or is he too old for it? Kate has read many of her big brother's books, Maisy - it's a treat for her to be allowed into his room to pick a book. Her twin sister, Laura, likes different sorts of books so she's mostly on her own. Thanks for telling us about the book, Carrie

Posted by Carrie (in MN) at March 5, 2010 11:43 AM

A lovely interview! It makes me wish I still had a child the right age to share the book with. Since I don't, I shall read it for myself.

Posted by Meg Moseley at March 6, 2010 12:06 PM

This book sounds like one both my son and I would enjoy. Thanks for the recommendation.

As for the interview, I would say the questions themselves were "big-toothed and large-of-claw". Awesome job, Sam and Maisy! You both have bright futures as reporters, if Mee-maw doesn't make you do something else. ;-)

Posted by hope101 at March 10, 2010 11:40 AM

Great interview, Sam and Maisy! And thanks to you I have another book to add to the list, one that I can share with the boys (I'll use CAH-mill-ay when I read it aloud!)

Posted by PattiH at March 12, 2010 11:58 PM