Comments: Firework-Shaped Firings of Random Neurons (and contest winners)

I cannot stand Old Bangs (mila) she's too hung up on herself. I loved Jay's mother/daughter outfits. Anthony cracks me up, and I really liked the blue dress he won with. Not sure yet who I think should win, as long as Mila loses.

Posted by Michelle M. at February 20, 2010 2:39 PM

The last couple seasons of PR I have had no favorite whatsoever. I can't really settle on anyone. I do like Amy and most of her clothes, but that's as close as it gets. (And this week was NOT her week.)

But most of all, I did not realize there were TWO members of the Never-Seen-Idol club. I literally thought I was the only person in the world and I have been appropriately snobby about it for as long as I can remember. It seems like that show started in like 1992 it has been on for so long.

Posted by Jessica at February 20, 2010 3:57 PM

I vote for that little girl! She's adorable!

Posted by edj at February 20, 2010 4:28 PM

I vote for that little girl! She's adorable!

Posted by edj at February 20, 2010 4:28 PM

Make that 3 Never-Seen-Idols (and couldn't care less). I love Anthony's personality but he's all over the place when it comes to style. Like you, Seth Aaron grated on me at first, but he's growing on me. I think both Emilio (lispy guy in the hat) and Jay (Asian dude) are contenders (although Jay's laziness on the team challenge following his win annoyed me).

Posted by Sandi at February 20, 2010 6:47 PM

Count me as 4th. But, oh, the horrors when one's daughter decides she MUST TiVo AI because all of her friends are. (Actually, the unruly little brats are allowed to stay up til 10 to watch the whole thing, but I'm too mean for that.)

Sad to say I haven't seen PR this season. I can't stand the anticipation, so I TiVo the whole season on the marathon day of the finale and then watch it all in one weekend while I fold laundry and iron. (It is the one time when the ironing basket is empty and the laundry is completely caught up.)

Posted by Jen at February 20, 2010 7:53 PM

That little girl looks exactly like how I picture Fisher in Between, Georgia! Especially with the pout. I hope she's stomping ;)

Posted by Andrea at February 20, 2010 8:57 PM

I have never seen Idol either (except for a recent unfortunate even in which I was a guest at someone's house - but that was the first episode full of awkward anyway) nor have I seen Survivor, or pretty well any other reality show. Ever.

Posted by Heather at February 20, 2010 9:35 PM

I am picking Ben for he win. He's a sleeper, slowly sneaking up on everyone else. I know he's quiet and that's boring for reality t.v., so they are barely showing him. He's solid design wise and I think he's gonna surprise the heck out of everyone! I'm so over old bangs and her obsession with herself ("no one congratulated me for #2...".

Posted by Berni at February 20, 2010 11:12 PM

I watched one season of Idol. Can I still play?

As for Runway, I am IN LOVE with Anthony from 'Bama. LOVE. He won't win, and I will cry when he gets auf'ed, but he is my new best gay imaginary TV boyfriend. I am so OVER Old Bangs (hee!) and I really need her to just shut up. I THINK I like Jay's clothes, but the only stuff he's done that I really remember is the kid challenge stuff, which I ADORED. Love Amy, tend not to love Maya's clothes, think I like Ben, and isn't there some guy who looks a bit like a less-attractive Logan from last season? Because I think I like him, too. Seth Aaron has grown on me. A bit. Like fungus. Oh! Who is the guy with the lisp? I love him, too!

I really need to learn people's names, I guess. Geez.

(Oh, and also? You NEED to be watching Sheer Genius on Bravo. It's like Runway, but with hairstyles! And adorable Kim Vo! And they got rid of that Rene guy whom I hated! And it's so campy! And Jonathan Antin scowls at everyone! Okay, I'll shut up about it. But seriously, it's good/bad/good. If you want to double up your elliptical time or anything. Heh.)

Posted by Badger at February 21, 2010 9:07 AM

gotta agree, shear genius is so bad it's great, better than good, great. You really gotta try it.

Posted by Michelle M. at February 21, 2010 9:15 AM

Ooooh, Seth Aaron really, really bugged the snot out of me the first few episodes (not as much as Ping, though). As such, I was almost dismayed to find myself warming to him. Then Thursday, my heart swelled as he got so excited about doing the kid's look and went on and on about his little girl. AND? He made her a purse?! He shot to the top of my list.

For some reason, I do like Mila (I can't figure it out, either). But I truly need for Jesse to go. He creeps me out.

Also...are you watching Models of the Runway? Because it really adds to the whole Pro Ro experience. And I need for Alexis to fall and break her leg or something. I mean that in the nicest way possible. *cough*

Posted by buffi at February 21, 2010 11:33 PM

Thanks for the interview with Lori Lansens. I picked up Rush Home Road yesterday and could not put it down. I finally had to force myself to stop reading around 1am so I could get some sleep. Can't wait to read her other books.

Posted by Jill W. at February 22, 2010 10:37 AM

I, too, find Anthony funny and entertaining but I don't particularly like him.

I liked Seth Aaron's designs from the beginning somewhat but was torn about wanting him to win because I didn't think I like him.

However, this mom and child outfit challenge won me over. I absolutely love that little girl's outfit. I so want my granddaughter to wear that - she would be adorable.

I'm still reserving judgment on the rest for now.

Posted by Pamela L at February 23, 2010 12:26 PM

I, too, find Anthony funny and entertaining but I don't particularly like him.

I'm still reserving judgment on the rest for now.

Posted by Pamela L at February 23, 2010 12:27 PM

Why I might cave and subscribe to cable... I didn't even know that Project Runway had started a new season... I'm woefully behind.

Gracias a Dios for FTK to keep me in the loop... and streaming media on the Lifetime website.

Posted by eden at February 24, 2010 1:18 PM

You can watch it on mylifetime dot com. I don't have cable but I watch it on there. I picked Anthony to be my imaginary friend during the firstt week. I loved SA's kid/mom look! I've liked Emilio from the beginning too but everyone keeps changing and now I can't decide. The only thing I knew for certain was that it wouldn't be Ping.

Posted by Heather at February 26, 2010 1:53 PM